Thursday, August 23, 2012

Butterfly Hill in August

Welcome Garden Friends and New Followers!
The morning sun is so beautiful here in Indiana today!
Everything is just glowing.
I spent the better part of Monday morning working in this area.
Trimming back all the butterfly bushes and other shrubs.
And doing a bit of deadheading on all the coneflowers.
And of course, pulling a weed or two.
This area is pretty low maintenance for me.
I let it be a little wild.
I like it full and lush.  Very colorful.
I spend many hours watching the butterflies and bees here on this bench. 
 It has a great view of the lake as well.
It is a favorite garden for the cats, they love to hunt here in the tall grasses.
It is also where I have been adding spring bulbs and new irises.
And several of my hybrid daylilies have been added to this area.
Pretty much something is always blooming.
But I am a bit partial to this time of year in this garden.
With cooler temps the colors seem much deeper and vibrant.  

I hope you are taking some time this week to enjoy your garden as well.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider following.

Share Your Creations Party at Kristen's Creations
Tootsie Time's Fertilizer Friday
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
 Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Farmhouse Friday at Laurie Anne's Vintage Home
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence


8 comments :

  1. Just lovely :) And that's only the flowers. I can't imagine ALSO having that lake to enjoy!! :) You have such a wonderful place there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word I love your butterfly garden! makes me want to plant something lol!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy seeing your butterfly hill! It must be nice to have so much space for gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, what a lovely garden you have and what beautiful butterflies it will attract.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the Fall header! Im a faithful follower of your blog and am always thrilled to see whats blooming in your gardens...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your beautiful garden at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your fantastic garden on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Always love seeing what is blooming!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!