Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Why I Love HEAVY METAL!

IMG_5486
Lol… got your attention didn’t I?  Heavy metal containers is what I love!!  I love anything country/repurposed/antiqued… and these are definitely that.  But more than pretty they are practical!
IMG_5485
These galvanized wash buckets are perfect for raising extra roses in.
IMG_5490
They give me tons of extra places to grow under my deck.
IMG_5491
Making it a moveable garden.

So when things get a little too hot to handle…
IMG_5497
They can be moved a bit more into the shade.
IMG_5534
Right now I have four big ones full of roses.
IMG_5671
This one is an unknown variety, but oh so pretty.
IMG_5683
I just love the look of vintage tubs and roses.  Just perfect.

I could take pictures of roses everyday.
IMG_5686
With these pretty faces…
And delicate buds.
IMG_5688
Priceless….
And the best thing is….
IMG_5716
This area is easy to keep watered in this drought.
So at least I have one area still looking good.
IMG_5728
Good news is we did get a smidge of rain this week in two storms.  Less than an inch but we’ll take it.
IMG_5729
But the watering continues…. daily…. twice daily… more often than not.
IMG_5730
But the garden pays me in blooms.
And that is reward enough for me.
IMG_5734
Oh one last thing… they were a deal… I got 5 last summer for $10 each.  When you see a deal, don’t pass it up!  <---Love that!!

IMG_5532
Happy Gardening….Brooke
------------------------------------------

Susan's A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday
Wow us Wednesdays at Savy Southern Style
Country Homemaker Hop @ My Simple Country Living

Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Design

Share the Love Wednesday
 at Very Merry Vintage Style
Home and Garden Thursday @ A Delightsome Life 
Tracie's Fishtail Cottage's Cottage Flora Thursday
Time Travel Thursdays at Brambleberry Cottage
Open House Thursdays at No Minimalist's Here
 Strut Your Stuff at Somewhat Simple
Rural Thursday Blog Hop at A Rural Journal 
Treasure Hunt Thursdays at From My Front Porch To Yours
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Transformation Thursday @ Shabby Creek Cottage
Creative Things Thursdays @ The Vintage Farmhouse

Knick of Time Tuesday
Cowgirl Linkup Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 

20 comments :

  1. I am from the Philippines and we used metal us our flower or vegetable pot compare to the clay. My mother prefer metal because it won't broke and it last longer. Where did you find all these metal containers I so love it.


    Kim,USA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your mom. they do last longer and are super tough! I found them at a thrift store out back in a gated area. They had all kinds of JUNK... wish I'd have brought home MORE! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How absolutely beautiful. I love those old metal containers...how perfect they are for all your plants. I have a question for you though...Will the roses overwinter in the metal pots like that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke,
    You have a gift in the way you arrange things to look so cottagey. I love your arrangement! My last post was about how I gardened frugally this year, in terms of my pots. I have a bunch of wash tubs, too. Mine are because of all the cement we have around here. Ten dollars was a great deal for your tubs! I always think how most pots that size would cost more than that. Oh, and I have a number of watering cans and coal buckets, too.


    Have a great Fourth of July!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I will have to keep my eyes peeled at garage sales for some to do this type of project! If you get a chance, stop by my blog and "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of wash basins as planters. It looks great! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea of using galvanized tubs for planting. Your roses look so pretty in them.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke, the roses look wonderful in their containers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your site...so serene!! So many great ideas and easy to see that you love what you do!!!

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello~ I'm a first time visitor from the state of IN too, maybe only a few counties away from you, from the sounds of it. I found your blog on Southern Belle w/Northern Roots. Everything in your garden sure looks beautiful, despite the drought!

    Come by & visit me, if you have time to =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all of your plants and flowers especially in the rustic tubs. I love the look of plants - I'm just not good at growing them. lol.
    Thanks for sharing. Came to you from the blog hop @ Knick of Time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so lovely! I'm looking for some metal containers but hard to find. One question, do I need to drill holes in the bottom for drainage? Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your pretty metal tubs and flowers. Your featured this week on Very Merry Vintage Style... stop by and grab a feature button and thanks so much for linking up to the party last week. Hope you'll be back often--
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing the beauty at the Knick of Time Blog Hop - I'll be featuring you next week and there will be an "I Was Featured" button waiting there for you!

    Blessings,
    Angie @ Knick of Time

    ReplyDelete
  15. love this! right up my alley! it's beautiful! I love displaying my gardens in a unique way! We'd love it if you'd share this at our link party - Home is Where the Heart is! http://www.homesteadsimple.com/home-is-where-the-heart-is-link-it-up-wednesdays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there Brooke, what a lovely blog you have! Gorgeous colors, and I love your roses. I have a few of the same ones, but not nearly all of the ones you have listed, Yours are beautiful. I'm a new follower, and will certainly be back!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dorothy

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower - from the link up! hope you will do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely garden ideas. Love roses too. I am visiting from Knick of Time x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love me some metal in my garden as well!! It makes such rustic planters!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!