I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fresh Blooms in the Rose Garden

 Hello dear readers and new friends!
I have been busy with family this past week and having a but of connection problems with my internet.  But wanted to share with you an few, okay more than a few pictures of the rose garden this week.  Everything is putting on a new flush of blooms and happening all at once.  So look for more closeups to come.  But for now here is a look around.  Notice the difference between my garden beds and the grass-less desert that previously was our yard.  So sad.

Update- Still horrible dry, no rain to report.  We have lost several more trees this week and I have been digging struggling shrubs up if they are new to the garden.   Been repotting them in fresh soil in my 'plant hospital' under the deck.  High today at 99, 103 for tomorrow.  No end in sight.  











Queen Elizabeth Rose

Nearly Wild Rose




Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a follower!
~Brooke~
---------------------------
Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes
Jami's An Oregon Cottage's Tuesday Garden Party


12 comments:

  1. Even with all the heat - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is amazing and looks gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by, always good hearing from you!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you are losing your trees and shrubs. Your flowers still look really good. Great garden art too! I am now a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pop of color from your bench, and your garden looks beautiful despite the challenges this summer. We are also having extreme ongoing heat and drought here in the Memphis, TN area also, so I can certainly sympathize!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is so pretty even without the rain you need. Praying that God would send you rain. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The heat and no rain is killing everything here. But your garden looks lovely. Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a Midwest gardener too - trying to keep my flowers going in the heat and drought. Your gardens look great!

    New follower - I'll be reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's absolutely beautiful. I love the layout and all the quirky elements you've incorporated! Hoping you get rain soon; I'd send some if I could!
    ~april

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hasn't this been a blinger of a summer, Brooke? Wow. I've been watering my flowerbeds alllll day every day just to keep them alive! They're not blooming a whole lot right now, but at least I haven't lost anything. Your garden looks like it's enjoying the extra TLC that you've been giving it through this drought. I heard that when the grass turns brown during a drought, it just goes dormant. Once we all get some much needed rain, it should start greening up again. :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Brooke!

    Even with all the heat your garden is looking pretty good. The shade tent is a great idea and should help a lot. Hoping your grass will come back to life when the weather cools down.

    Where I live it is considered good weather if it stays 105 or lower. The dry heat and winds are hard on my garden.

    Thanks for sharing at my party :)

    xoxo Bunny Jean
    Wednesdays Bunny Hop Party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful garden. I am hosting a Giveaway to win a 50 dollar gift card to the store HomeGoods. It would be great if you stopped by and entered. Thanks Anu

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Popular Posts