Friday, July 20, 2012

Favorite Flowers - Stargazer Lilies



 




 





(The little white blooms are my Vanilla Strawberry Hydrangea)

Keeping it simple today and celebrating a little victory of one of my favorite summer bulbs blooms looking almost normal in this drought.  That is the wonderful smelling, beautiful Stargazer Lily.  I have about 50 of these beauties and unlike many of my other lilies that did not bloom or bloomed poorly, these look good for the most part.  They do have a bit of sun damage, but held their own in the 100 degree heat.

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening!
~Brooke~
-----------------------------

Flowers on Saturday @ Blueberry Craft & Hobby
Beverly's Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
French Inspiration @ The French Cupboard
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different / Act Normal



7 comments :

  1. I love this one~~! Your photos look hot and steamy, as in miserable out...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Stargazer's are one of my favorite, though mine bloomed very early. They looked beautiful, though, and so does yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The star gazer lilies are beautiful! I have never had alot of success with lilies for some reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Stargazer is my husband's all time favorite flower, too. It's one of my favorites, but I love almost any kind of Asiatic lily!! We only have one bulb, but I want more. They do smell wonderful. I bet 50 bulbs are intoxicating when you walk by them!! Yours look really healthy, too. Mine struggled with the heat.

    Ann @ Cairn Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and delightful! Visiting from Pink Saturday.

    Pink Slushy Magic, come and see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos are lovely and your stargazers are very pretty even with the slight sun damage. Mine fared worse. Some plants are drying out.

    ~Imelda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!