Monday, July 9, 2012

Favorite Flowers – ‘Little Grapette’ Daylily

IMG_5366
IMG_5343
IMG_5364
IMG_5344IMG_5345IMG_5365
IMG_5346
If you asked me what is a good true dwarf daylily it would have to be Little Grapette.  It is such a good bloomer!  It will be packed with blooms for weeks and I love the color and shape.  It stays just over 12 inches tall and has lovely frills.  It is burgundy with a touch of pink and deep yellow centers.  If you get a chance to find one… pick it up… you’ll be glad you did!

Happy Gardening….Brooke
----------------------------

Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes
Jami's An Oregon Cottage's Tuesday Garden Party
"Ms Green Thumb" Jean's Bloomin' Tuesday

5 comments :

  1. Lovely bloom! I love the shade of the flowers. It's very unique. Nice page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful daylilly. It flowers so profusely! It's interesting how even the buds have a tinge of maroon! I have a question about Phlox - do you find your phlox getting smaller each year? I can't decide if it's lack of sun, or just old plants that need to be replaced. I've had my Franz Schubert for 4 or 5 years and I've been disappointed in it's bloom for the last two or so. I have older Phlox that onlyh send up one bloom. I pinch it back and atleast get 4, but they are tiny, not like they used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very pretty. Visiting from Bloomin' Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a beautiful daylily. I love the frills around the edge. I have a small purple one, which I think is Purple D'Oro, but it is not that small and it doesn't have frills. I may have to get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so pretty. Love the curly edges and the color! Visiting from BT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!