Thursday, July 5, 2012

Favorite Flowers– ‘Caribbean Breeze’ Rose

IMG_5335
Hello dear garden friends. I am continuing my series of favorite flowers. Today I am featuring a Jackson and Perkins rose I tested last year and still enjoy. It is a new introduction called “Caribbean Breeze”.
IMG_5502
It is a floribunda roses that will stay about 3’ tall.  That is a nice manageable size for any sun garden. 
IMG_5336
It is named well, it really does look tropical.  It is a melon-orange-peach mixed bloom with rich dark green foliage.
IMG_5496
It is a standout in the garden, one of my most commented on colors.
IMG_5337
And the blooms have a very pretty shape to them.  Very romantic and a bit old-fashioned which I love.
IMG_5435
But the best part has to be the scent.  They have a very full fragrance, which is rare in new introductions.
IMG_5606
Here is the info from Jackson and Perkins
Reminiscent of an ocean coral, the soft tropical colors of this gorgeous new Floribunda are as enchanting as its rich peachy fragrance. Each creamy-orange bud opens to a full bloom of peach-pink petals, which weave around each other, vying for the sun's gentle touch.

IMG_5611
Zone-5 - 10
Plant Height-2 ft. 6 in - 3 ft.
Bloom Size-2.5 in - 3 in
Foliage Color-Dark Green, Glossy
Fragrance-Fruity, Strong
Light Requirements-Full Sun
This has been a healthy shrub and came back strong this spring.  I have sprayed it a bit, but not anymore than any floribunda in my garden.  So I would give it a good report on disease resistance. 
IMG_5672
As you know I am in Indiana and we are having extreme drought.  All of these pictures were taken this week and I am very impressed with how this plant is doing.  

So needless to say I can’t wait to see the blooms during normal growing years.
IMG_9304
May of last year, it’s first year in my garden…
IMG_9317
IMG_9296
I cannot believe how much this bed has changed in a little over a year…
IMG_5664
Here is the same view this week! 
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening…Brooke
--------------------------------------
Share Your Creations Party at Kristen's Creations
Tootsie Time's Fertilizer Friday
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
 Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Farmhouse Friday at Laurie Anne's Vintage Home
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence
Home and Family Friday at Home Is Where My Story Begins
Country Homemaker Hop at My Simple Country Living 
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Farmgirl Friday @ Dandelion House 
Favorite Things Friday at A Few of My Favorite Things


6 comments :

  1. What a lovely rose, Brooke! You have a gorgeous home and gardens. I pray that you will get rain soon.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Must go to the greenhouse and see if I can find this one. Thanks
    ~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beauty!! Not just this rose, that really does seem to have it all, color, good size, health and smell...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty! I love coming over to your page and just soaking in all the beauty and color!

    thanks for sharing,
    gena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!