Thursday, June 21, 2012

Today’s Roses and Garden Pests…

IMG_5042

Today I wanted to share some of the beautiful roses blooming~!
IMG_5177
Tropical Sun
IMG_5178
IMG_5179
Florance Nightingale
IMG_5175
Tropical Sun
IMG_5185
IMG_5186

ENCHANTED EVENING

IMG_5194
IMG_5200
IMG_5201

SMOOTH TOUCH 'BALLERINA'

IMG_5212
IMG_5214

'FIRST PRIZE'

IMG_5215
IMG_5216

"PEACH BRANDY" ROSE

IMG_5217
IMG_5218
'FIRST PRIZE'
IMG_5219
IMG_5279
Oh So Easy Peaches and Cream
IMG_5268
And incase you are wondering what is all over the leaves of my roses, it is Liquid Sevin.  This is why…. I have had a big Japanese beetle infestation these past weeks.  Here they are doing damage to ‘Welcome Home’ rose.  They leave them alone if I spray, so my roses are a bit spotty this time, but blooming beautifully none the less.

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening!
Brooke
------------------------

Tootsie Time's Fertilizer Friday
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
 Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme 
Farmhouse Friday at Laurie Anne's Vintage Home
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence

12 comments :

  1. Great You have a very nice webdesign here on your page i like it very much and have add your blog to my favorites.This is a really excellent read personally, Must admit that you are one of the finest bloggers I ever saw. We truly stumbled about this on yahoo, and im happy Used to do. I’ll definitely be coming back again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden, and blog are so charming. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful post Brooke!!! I love love love this!
    I thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I always feel so privelaged to know that inspiration is just a click away when need a bit of a boost for my spirits! It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...landscaping and ideas that all the participants share, and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I have shared your post today with my facebook page for Tootsie Time. I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We get the Rose Chafers that eat the roses up into lace if you don't spray. They got into my peonies this year. Your roses are beautiful and I appreciate the work that goes into them and why you spray. It's no fun to see them decimated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roses are so lovely. I swear, I could smell them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful roses, and lovely photographs--thank you for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke! your roses are stunning! thanks so much for linking up to this weeks garden party over here! i finally just got my own post up (just a little late).... lol hope you have a fantastic weekend! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brooke. I always enjoy seeing your roes in bloom. You have so many lovely ones.Enchanting Evening and Florence Nightingale are just beauties. Those old beetles are after my rose too. I will be so glad when they are done. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke, Thanks so much for sharing your garden on Simple & Sweet Fridays. Always love seeing what's blooming! Just Beautiful...

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!