Tuesday, June 12, 2012

This is why I grow poppies…

IMG_4909
Just had to share a few pictures of this most perfect poppy in the ‘Fairy Garden’ this week. 
IMG_4912
It is located past the porch on the west side of the house.
IMG_4908
This is a peony poppy, but I love that color and will have to try to save some seed for this one.
IMG_4913
I have had several poppies bloom this month in this area, but I think this one is the prettiest by far.
IMG_4907
I hate it that they just do not last very long at all….
IMG_4906
But it is blooms like that that keep me starting them year after year.
IMG_4910
I am glad you got to see it with me!  Thanks so much for visiting and please consider becoming a follower!
Happy Gardening….Brooke
-----------------
Susan's A Southern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday

4 comments :

  1. I love poppies. This is a very pretty color. .thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how poppies look like crepe paper. Mine are just passing their peak ~ sad that they don't last long enough.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Cher, but there are those special ones that are worth the extra effort!

      Delete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!