Monday, June 4, 2012

If for just a day…

IMG_4734
I will cherish that day with all my heart.  Daylilies may only last a few short hours, but they light up my days in June each year at this time.
IMG_4727
Each one more delicate in color, intricate in form, striking in the garden.
IMG_4730
Making it hard to choose a favorite.  I usually say my favorite is the ones in bloom that day.  But I will say I have a soft spot for the pinks.  They are so precious.
IMG_4728
But as fragile as they might look, they are garden work horses.  Tough as nails and so easy to divide and share.
IMG_4749
I cannot imagine my garden without them.

IMG_4737
To see more of the daylilies I grow check out this post with the names a pictures of a few favorites….. 


Happy Gardening…Brooke

-------------------------------------------------------------------


The Country Garden Showcase @ White Wolf Summit Farmgirl

 

Cowgirl Linkup Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 
Show & Tell @ The Delectable Home
Cozy Home Party @ Your Cozy Home Scenes
 
Garden Tuesday @ Sidewalk Shoes
Jami's An Oregon Cottage's Tuesday Garden Party
"Ms Green Thumb" Jean's Bloomin' Tuesday

10 comments :

  1. All images looking so aggressive i am really so inspired from your blog.
    Thanks for sharing...


    garden centre Llantwit Major

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden. Love the way you've planned and developed it. Visiting from Bloomin' Tuesday. - Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors are so striking! Love your blog and I am currently developing my own country garden. Will be looking to yours for inspiration! Thanks so much for sharing at Cowgirl Up! Hope you will join us again next week!
    Thanks,
    Amanda @ The Ivy Cottage Blog
    www.theivycottageblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your garden walk video:), I inherited some unknown daylilies from my uncle's garden, and at first I was griping, but now I can't wait to see what they bloom. LOVE you doubles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What gorgeous day lilies. The pink one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for showing these gorgeous daylilies at Your Cozy Home Party. I visited a garden once where the person had every imaginable color of daylilies. I was so surprised to see such a variety of colors. I like all of them except the orange ones and for some unknown reason to me, I just don't like that one. Can you believe that there are actually a couple growing in my garden? I don't have the heart to take them out since they seem happy where they are! I really enjoy seeing your garden. I grew up around flowers and plants because my parents had a greenhouse business. Your gardens are spectacular.------------- Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Garden! Love the sounds on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness - just beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke, your gardens are beautiful! We love daylilies, too. It's so much fun to walk the yard each day to see who has opened since yesterday. They add so much color to the garden. And they really are tough as nails. You are so right. Thanks for sharing your beautiful blooms! ~~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!