Friday, June 15, 2012

An Early Morning Walk in the June Garden…

IMG_5011
It’s the weekend and that means things move at a bit of a slower pace here at the lake.
IMG_4990
But I am up and at it bright and early most mornings.
IMG_4995
It’s the best time to enjoy the garden.
IMG_5004
While its still nice and cool and the birds are chirping.
IMG_4999
I love how fresh and new everything looks in the early mornings.
IMG_5000
You can almost forget how dry it has been and how much we need some rain.
This is my time to work in the garden.
IMG_5013
Going around and deadheading the many blooming daylilies.
IMG_5014
And looking for a stray weed or two that might sneak in.
IMG_5017
Most mornings are spent watering for 2 hours or so with the hoses.
IMG_5023
And then the containers on the deck and the porches.
IMG_5018
But I do take time to enjoy the lake and all the beauty around me.
IMG_5019
I am always so honored to read your comments and thoughts about gardening.
IMG_5021
I hope I can inspire you to create a place that you can enjoy as much as I do my home and garden.
IMG_5020
I count my blessings everyday and have much to be thankful for.
IMG_5022
Again, thanks so much for visiting and welcome to all the new followers this week.
IMG_5129
Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless!
Happy Gardening…Brooke

IMG_5024

Flowers on Saturday @ Blueberry Craft & Hobby
French Inspiration @ The French Cupboard
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different / Act Normal
Homemaker on a Dime's  Creative Bloggers Hop Sunday's at 5.
Chari's Sunday Favorties at Happy to Design 
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Your Sunday Best @ A Rural Journal
Sisters of the Wild West Sunday Link Party

7 comments :

  1. What a beautiful serene spot to enjoy. The florals are gorgeous & the view of the lake ... you are so lucky to have this pleasure & enjoyment, Brooke.
    TTFN ~
    Happy Pink weekend ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful and beautiful PINK post!


    HPS, a little late but catching up to visit you. Here's my PINK, hope you'd come and see. Have a great weekend.

    I am now following your blog. It would be lovely to have you follow back, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your photos, Brooke, remind me of my years growing up on a farm. I never truly appreciated all the beauty that was around me until I moved away from it all and no longer had it. We take so much that God gives us freely for granted, and I am so thankful to have your beautiful photographs and words to enjoy and remind me of that simpler, softer time of my life. Thank you for all that you share!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post is a tribute to your commitment to a beautiful garden space. Kudos for your hard work!

    Thank you for sharing at Your Sunday Best this week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your garden, it is absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing all of your amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love your gardens. I found your blog on pinterest.So happy I did. I also love the picket fence bench.I will be heading to Lowes soon for this project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!