Thursday, May 3, 2012

Reclaimed and hand-made garden décor…

IMG_4132
Hello gardening friends!  Wanted to share a few of my garden treasures with you today!
IMG_4063
As you may remember my porch is done in all vintage-style… aka…. yard sale finds!
IMG_4134
I’ve been sewing new pillows, but nobody sets on this loveseat…. it has been taken over by the clematis!  But I love the look, esp. when it blooms!
IMG_4135
This is part of an old scale, it makes the perfect place to add a trailing container.

IMG_4116
Here is the old wagon filled with sweet alyssum…. it is so cute and smells great too!  Look what you can do with $1 worth of seed!  Love that!!
IMG_3961
Finally some pillows I made this past weekend.  The middle one is a small garden flag I sewed onto the facing.  I love the look and this is much cuter than using it as a tiny flag.
IMG_3960
This is all from material we had from other projects.  The stripe one on the rt is from an old flat sheet set! 

To see more pictures of the house and garden visit my garden tour page....
http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/p/tour-my-garden.html

To see more of my porch and a tour of our property....

Thanks so much for stopping by and if you are a new visitor please consider following!
~Brooke~
----------------------------------------------------
Blooming Friday with Roses and Stuff
Tootsie Time's Fertilizer Friday
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
Farmhouse Friday at Laurie Anne's Vintage Home
Inspiration Friday @ The Picket Fence
Share Your Creations Party at Kristen's Creations
Rural Thursday blog Hop at A Rural Journal 
Treasure Hunt Thursday at From My Front Porch to Yours
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors

21 comments :

  1. Beautiful! Everything is so lush. I love the wagon filled with alyssum and I especially love the clematis growing around the wicker settee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!

    Love that wagon.. what a great idea to re-purpose it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving all of your ideas here, Brooke. I have an old wagon like yours and will be doing something creative with it soon. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke, everything looks so lovely! What beautiful flowers and your displays are just wonderful! Happy new follower visiting from Kristen's Creations. Hope you'll follow me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke everything looks just lovely! I wish we had a garden. Thanx for coming to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Everything is just beautiful! I love what you did with the scale and wagon and all of the pillows look great. So glad you joined the party! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brooke I came over from my front porch to yours. Love all your garden accents. Especially the wagon. What great ideas! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness! How CUTE!!! I love, love, love that scale! I am definitely going to be following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful assortment of treasures for the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke, I love all your vintage porch and garden items. They help make such a charming and inviting area.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Brooke,
    What a beautiful garden you have. Your porch looks so inviting and I love the idea of making a garden flag into a pillow! Thanks for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how pretty is your garden and all the accents! I have the same garden arch and just love it! Your swing color is great! I need to do something with mine! Thanks for sharing such pretty inspiration!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your garden is so pretty and cozy and welcoming, Brooke! Love your creative way of decorating! Beautiful job!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, I found you through The Charm of Home's link party. I like what you've done with your garden with your yard sale finds. And you remind me that I have a drawer full of seeds. Why do I keep going and buying flowers, I should have been planting! Especially love the wagon full of flowers. Been trying to find one myself to do the same but haven't run across one at a sale and I've been looking for quite a while. All in good time, I'm sure. Stop by my place sometime... I would welcome your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all your ideas. This is my first time seeing your blog. Thank you for the ideas/
    http://nannaspretties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is just absolutely beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely loved loooking around your garden. I enjoyed it so much. Thanks for taking the time to video it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Brooke, I love your garden and always enjoy your creative ideas. Thanks so much for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays!

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Brooke! I came over from Kristen's blog. Well, I am just smitten with your gardens and everything else. What a talented lady you are. Wow- I love it all. I am so jealous of your garden..I am just getting started on this house. Blessing to you-I am your newest follower and I WILL be back! Hugs-Diana

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just me again- I watched the video you did of your gardens and porch. I have my bags packed and wonder what tine I should be there? You won't have to feed me-I will just sit on one of the swings and eat up the view. Gorgeous, Brooke, gorgeous. I can tell it is a labor of love. It is so quiet there- I did not hear one car go by on the road while you were filming. Have a wonderful day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!