Saturday, May 12, 2012

Our ‘Bed and Breakfast’ Style Master Bedroom

Okay.  It’s finally time, I have waited long enough to show you the changes in our master bedroom.  I have been working on this area during the winter months.  If you remember I showed it in a previous post here.  So as you can see I have made quite a few changes since then.  The biggest is our new bedding, I think it made such a difference adding the floral quilt and pillows…  Lets take a look….
page 3
Here is a close-up of the purple floral quilt I found.  I just love it, it was prefect for our bedroom.
IMG_4219
Our headboard is two vintage doors.  They are complete with brass fittings.  I love this look, it is almost a canopy bed.  It gives great height to our bedroom.
page4
It is actually shorter in width than our king size bed, to fix that I added lace panels to each side.  It softened the look, plus it hid the hardware keeping the doors together that made them stick out about 2 inches from the wall.
IMG_4220
Here is my grandmother’s tabletop chandelier.  I have NEVER seen another one like it in all the magazines and websites I visit.  I think it is one of a kind.  I love that the crystals throw light around the room.  It weighs a ton!  
IMG_4206
This is one of my very favorite vintage pieces.  I love it that it looks like an article in a newspaper with lace around the edges to make it fit the frame.  It is such a beautiful scene.  They look like angels to me.
page2
IMG_4192
I love my old wash stand. I have used it in so many ways, you just don’t see them as often anymore, it’s a shame. 
IMG_4202
These are vintage flower stands.  I love the patina on them.
IMG_4245
A close up of the hand painted canvas on our wall.
IMG_4242
A room like this would not be complete without an angel or two.
IMG_4218
Our TV is in an old wardrobe.  I love the lace panels on the doors.
The ottoman cover my mom made for me this winter, it matches the chair pillows.

IMG_4243
I Victorian-style birdhouse.

IMG_4203
And this pillow is hand stitched.  Isn’t it darling?
page1
The highboy offers quite a bit of storage and a great place to display my perfume bottles.
IMG_4223
Another shot of my grandma’s lamp, it is so ornate and lovely.  There is a vintage floral hanging behind it too.
IMG_4238
A little reading corner.  I picked up the rocker a couple summers ago.  It appears to be a top quality vintage wicker rocker.  It is too pretty to put on the porch.  I will keep it safe inside.
page6
My jewelry armoire with some pretties on top. I light the candles every now and then to make the room glow.
IMG_4229
This vintage beaded purse I used on my wedding day.  The ribbon is the same as what decorated the church.
page 7
One last look around.
IMG_4191
Thanks so much for stopping by!  
I have enjoyed showing you my room.  
Can you now see why I called it “Bed and Breakfast” style. 
 I love the little touches of those wonderful get away places…. 
Why not have them everyday at home?
Here is a post for you to take a peek at the Master Bathroom as well.  
They are both done in Vintage and Floral.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and if you are a new visitor, 
please consider following my blog.

~Brooke~
-------------------------------------------------------
Homemaker on a Dime's  Creative Bloggers Hop Sunday's at 5.
Chari's Sunday Favorties at Happy to Design 
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper

Your Sunday Best @ A Rural Journal
Cielo's Show Off You Cottage Monday at House in the Roses

 Mosaic Monday @ Little Red House
Metamorphasis Monday at Between Naps On The Porch

Keeping it Simple's, Motivate Me Monday's
Boogie Board Cottage's, Masterpiece Monday's
Cowgirl Linkup Party @ The Farmhouse Porch 

Show & Tell @ The Delectable Home 
Cozy Home Party @ Your Cozy Home Scenes
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
Sisters of the Wild West Sunday Link Party
A Rural Journal Your Sunday Best

16 comments :

  1. Simply too gorgeous for words! How cozy and romantic. Love that headboard!

    Thank you for sharing at Your Sunday Best and Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many details that I love in this room. The amazing headboard, the beautiful angel print, that gorgeous wash stand, the stunning handpainted oil canvas (I think that might be my fave), the vintage flower pots ... I could go on! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, dreamy, romantic bedroom you've created. I love all the little details, but most especially the headboard and doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room is absolutely gorgeous! I love the head board! The lamp is beautiful! You've really done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brooke, Your bedroom looks wonderful. I especially like the old doors you're using for a headboard. It's great to have so many special treasures from family to use as well. Very lovely!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous room - one which will certainly bring sweet dreams. I love the doors and especially how you topped them with the doilies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love that bed!!!!!! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with your bedroom.You have the colors and style that I love.Could look at the photos forever Denise

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful place to greet a new day and have a restful night xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. so dreamy. Thanks so much for being a part of my 100th Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room is just beautiful. I love the door headboard and the quilt. Each of the vintage things are such a delight to see that I added this to twitter so more people could find you. Thanks so much for visiting us at Your Cozy Home Party, and I hope you'll plan to visit us next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm your newest follower. I love your bedroom. That headboard has real character. LOVE! Hope you'll come follow me too. Have a great week.
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again Brooke. Just wanted to drop by again to see your beautiful room and to let you know it was featured on my party this week. There is a feature button if you'd like it for your sidebar or a feature page. Everything is very beautiful, so thanks again for sharing your home with me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic post and Thanks for sharing this info. It's very helpful.
    B&B in Jaipur

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a good job in providing a simple but classical look in your bedroom! Your items kept their vintage look which makes an impact to the entire space.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!