Friday, May 11, 2012

Fluttering Friends

IMG_9042
IMG_9037
IMG_9039
IMG_9043
IMG_9049
Just wanted to share some images I captured of a lovely butterfly on a pink azalea this spring. 
Time just goes too fast, Spring never last long enough for me.
Thanks so much for stopping by and please consider becoming a follower.
Happy Gardening….Brooke
--------------------------------------------
Flowers on Saturday @ Blueberry Craft & Hobby
Beverly's Pink Saturday at How Sweet The Sound
French Inspiration @ The French Cupboard
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound
Show and Tell Saturday @ Be Different / Act Normal

7 comments :

  1. Oh how I love butterflies in the garden! But that's a Tiger swallowtail Brooke, not a monarch. Their host plants are of the carrot family, parsley, fennel, etc. You'll certainly find swallowtail cats on these eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very lovely---you've captured the best of butterfly and bloom. And the video---such a lovely work of your hands and heart.

    There may have been a millisecond glitch in the sound, but did I hear you say "everything but the crape myrtles," when you were referring to the frost damage? I'm up in Indy, and have LONGED to grow some---have missed them since we moved here twenty years ago.

    A friend gave me four potted ones last year, and they're struggling along after a sad Winter in the house.

    I'd love to know of a kind which WILL grow outdoors here.

    rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, so nice to meet you! Several of types of crepe myrtles will do fantastic in zone 6. I especially enjoy Natchez, it does wonderfully for me. I have mine trained as a small tree. Look for the Indian named ones....Hopi, Natchez, Acoma, Tonto, Yuma... they all do good here in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous and delightful!

    My PINK, enjoy your weekend and happy mother's day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love tiger swallowtail butterflies! you'd so lucky to catch them in action! happy pink saturday! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photo's. Happy Pink Saturday!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such gorgeous shots.Happy Mother's Day. It would be wonderful to be a part of Seasonal Sundays. You might be interested in my $100.00 Give Away.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!