Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This weeks irises…

I am a happy gardener….
To have roses and irises blooming all at once is pure joy to me.  I have been out looking at the garden at least 5 times a day watching these beauties open, many for the first time. 
Here is what is blooming this week….
 
IMG_3349
IMG_3436
IMG_3430
IMG_3350
Reblooming ‘Rockstar’, one of my favorites.
IMG_3387
Unknown Yellow.
 
IMG_3433
IMG_3435
Unknown pink dwarf iris.
 
IMG_3412
IMG_3413
IMG_3431
 
‘Buisson de Roses’
Oh wow, this one is pretty in person!
 
IMG_3474
IMG_3473
Alta California, an heirloom variety.
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
If you are visiting for the first time, please consider following me.
If you leave me a comment I will follow you back!

~Brooke~



n1299302749_2030_thumb1_thumb
I garden in Southwestern Indiana, Zone 6b. Garden tours are available during season. I also lecture and freelance write for gardening sites. If you are interested in my content, please email me for more information.
If you are in my area I have reblooming and hybrid irises and daylilies for sale during early fall. I also have select heirloom seeds for sale or trade.
Linking to:
My posts are also shared at:
Gardenchat_logo_reasonably_small42
WebGarden-Icon2
All photos of my own home and garden ©Brooke Kroeger – Creative Country Mom
email622222222222222[2]facebook_logos-7522222222222222[2]twitter-logo422222222222222[2]rss-128522222222222222[2]email-updates_thumb142222222222222[2]blogspot523222222222222[2]

8 comments :

  1. What a collection Brooke, very pretty. Is that a dark pink - maroon colored clematis in the background of the last photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes and I will have to look up it's name. It is French sounding and I always forget that one. Thanks hun, we are just beginning the irises, I think I have over 70 varieties now. So hard to keep all the names straight! But I love them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Brooke,

    Your irises are exquisite! I have never seen the "Rockstar" variety before. I will have to make a note to see if I can find one. The color is striking as well as your other varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your irises are so beautiful. I especially love that peach colored one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your iris are sooo beautiful. So many vibrant gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these pictures. My grandmother raised irises and this was a great reminder of her. I am stopping by from the Tuesday Garden Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Exquisite irises. and quite a variety too. I must commend you for they look very healthy too. Irises and roses are the perfect combination of plants. So glad you enjoy them. Here's our blog in case you'd like to visit: http://theamericanirissociety.blogspot.com/ ~ Andi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. I live in Utah, zone 6b, which is similar, I think, to where you are. How do you get these plants to bloom so early? Are these on the south side of your home? Do they get afternoon shade? How are the beds prepared? Sorry for so many questions, but I just have to know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!