Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Start of Iris Season!

And the first one to bloom is HALSTON!  (and if I remember right it was last year as well.)  Halston is a little guy at under 24 inches…. but he packs a big punch of color in the spring garden….
IMG_3190
IMG_3188
IMG_3189
IMG_3191
I love to photograph irises.  So beautiful. 
IMG_3199
And 2nd in the race to bloom is … Scholar a tiny dwarf at 12 inches tall. 
And were off…. once the blooms start they go full speed it seems!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
If you are visiting for the first time, please consider following me. If you leave me a comment I will follow you back!
~Brooke~
email622222222222222[2]facebook_logos-7522222222222222[2]twitter-logo422222222222222[2]rss-128522222222222222[2]email-updates_thumb142222222222222[2]blogspot523222222222222[2]
All photos of my own home and garden ©Brooke Kroeger – Creative Country Mom

Linking to Blooming Tuesday 
 
Tuesday Garden Party @ An Oregon Cottage
 


8 comments :

  1. Just beautiful. I love blue or purple flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your irises are just gorgeous! We are still several weeks away from iris blooming here, but I can't wait! I can live vicariously through your pictures in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Irises are beautiful to photograph. I'm anxious for mine to bloom. Every iris in my garden was a gift from another gardener. I feel like their visiting when the irises bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iris already in Indiana! Wow! They are just beautful, Brooke.
    Happy Easter! Beth
    p.s. LOVE your blog background and header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iris already - awesome - we are still in the daffodil mode in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here in mid-western Ontario, our tall bearded iris are only perhaps 5 inches tall, certainly no bloom spikes can be felt within the leaves yet! We just have a few daffodils blooming, however in town they have tulips and such as well. One of my favourite iris is Over Alaska, palest blue standards over dark marine blue to purple falls. Until then, and our weather decides to warm again, I'll be dreaming of how my own garden will look, and this year's planned additions to it. Love your site and the pictures of your blooms and landscaping. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ours haven't started blooming yet - but seeing your wonderful pictures makes me long for our first blooms too! Thanks for sharing at the TGP. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!