Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lilac Love….

IMG_3206

Oh I am in HEAVEN!  The lilacs are starting to bloom!!!
IMG_3175

The first one to open is the common lilac shrub, but really, what is common about this?
IMG_3209

I have them down by the rose garden where I am sure to enjoy their scent.
IMG_3177

Most of them I am training to be in tree form, isn’t this little guy cute!
IMG_3240

IMG_3239

I can smell them with the windows open in our family room.
IMG_3213

This is Bloomerang, a repeat bloomer with a really nice scent, but smaller blooms.
IMG_3206

But my favorite is and I think always will be…. Sensation steals the show!  Look at those gorgeous blooms!  Perfect lavender tipped with white edges!  Yummy!!
IMG_3211

It is also trained as a tree at the edge of the fence to the rose garden.
I’ll post more pics as more of them open up.  I checked and these lilacs are blooming three weeks early from last year.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
If you are visiting for the first time, please consider following me.
If you leave me a comment I will follow you back!

~Brooke~
email622222222222222[2]facebook_logos-7522222222222222[2]twitter-logo422222222222222[2]rss-128522222222222222[2]email-updates_thumb142222222222222[2]blogspot523222222222222[2]
All photos of my own home and garden ©Brooke Kroeger – Creative Country Mom

Joining Fertilizer Friday @ Tootsie Time 
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage 
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home 
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Sweet and Simple Fridays @ Rooted in Thyme
 

8 comments :

  1. Now YOU ARE talking ... Lilacs are my favorite! I love your site and I wanted you to know your layout looks great!

    Happy Spring - I look forward to stopping back over to visit your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they great, we have a farm supply store that sells them really reasonable. I can usually pick one up for less than $8! But the best ones are dug up as runners from old ones growing around here. Our garden club sells them for $1 at our sale at Mothers Day! I have a old fashioned white one that is too little to bloom this spring, but looking good. Can't wait till it blooms.

      Thanks for checking again about the layout. I think I know why it does that. If I post from my android tablet it gets all scrambled, but if I post from my desktop it looks correct. I was just lazy and blogging from the tennis courts!

      Delete
  2. Your lilacs are amazing! I can almost smell them. I loved your garden tour from last summer. I am sure it is even more wonderful in person. I would love to come and sit on your porch with you and soak it all in! Thanks for sharing, Paula from Idaho http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula, I think I grow 7 different ones, and they are staggered to bloom early, mid and late. Which is nice. The only thing I really miss about my old garden was a fence row of lilacs and how strong the scent was every spring. It makes me want to plant more! Nice to meet you!!

      Delete
  3. What a pretty post!!! Your photos are just lovely! I love Lilac...they are my favorite spring bloom...and smell!
    Once again I am just loving the tour of all the gardens that have linked in to my little party! I am so excited to visit each and every post...they are all so inspiring and I am NEVER disappointed! The creative gardens and colorful displays that I am lucky to see are inspirations that I would never have found had I not found each of the gardeners I see online! Thank you so much for sharing your garden with my Friday Flaunt this week...I do hope you will link in again soon!
    This post is being shared on my Tootsie Time Facebook page too just so you are aware.
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just received my first Lilacs in the mail last week. I have them in a container....our zone is too hot for them so I must be able to move them around to keep them alive. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lilacs are so beautiful I can almost smell them from here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Thank you for linking up to Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!