Friday, March 16, 2012

Indy Garden Show–Trees and Evergreens

IMG_2963

IMG_2966

IMG_2974

IMG_2975

IMG_2983

IMG_2988

One thing garden shows are good for is to get ideas with large evergreens and decorative trees.  I am always amazed they bring these big 20 feet tall trees in for the displays.  Just remember in your own gardens you’ll need to give them a bit more room!

Okay, here are the two things I have on my list after the show….

IMG_3008

“Cameo” Flowering Quince, I saw this one at the show last year as well.  I have a white flowering quince blooming right now called “Jet Trail”, but after seeing this one again, I think I’ll be finding a “Cameo” to go with it.  :)

IMG_3000

Okay, here is my latest must have evergreen……Whipcord Arborvitae or Thuja plicata ‘Whipcord’. I have been looking online for one of these today and it seems to be really new to the market or just hard to find in my area.  I loved it’s loose, floppy stingy look.  Very cool plant indeed!  Let me know if you have a source to get one.  I have a local nursery that is good about finding me strange plants.  I have a feeling this one will be very popular in the gardening world.  Don’t you agree?

There will be three posts from the garden show I’ll be sharing…. just too many things for one day!  Check back again soon for more….

~Brooke~

1 comment :

  1. Brooke, I got a Whipchord at the Apple House in Terre Haute. I hope you find one. They are a great shrub.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!