Friday, February 17, 2012

My Garden Themed Kitchen…. Ready for Spring

Welcome Friends, please come on into the kitchen!  Today I wanted to share with your some of my garden accents that I enjoy in our country-style home.  The kitchen is the room I am change the décor in for the seasons.  Easter things will be added shortly, but I love to have garden-themed things to beat the winter blahs…  Lets take a peak!
IMG_2757
IMG_2755
IMG_2756
IMG_2760
IMG_2759
IMG_2758
IMG_2769
IMG_2763
IMG_2761
IMG_2770
IMG_2773
IMG_2776
IMG_2777
IMG_2778
IMG_2780
IMG_2782
IMG_2781
IMG_2796
IMG_2786
IMG_2789
IMG_2792
As you can see, I love my houseplants.  All of the plants you see are real (except a bit of silk ivy here and there.) This is the perfect south facing room that is filled with sun all day during winter months.  My walls are a pumpkin/nutmeg color that seems to be brighter in photos than it really is.  I am still getting the hang of indoor photography!  It is harder than it looks!  Lol…
IMG_2787
I have good news as well…. it is 30 days till Spring!  That doesn’t sound so bad?  I’m more than ready!  Thanks for stopping by and if you are visiting, please consider becoming a follower!
~Brooke~
email622222222222222[2]facebook_logos-7522222222222222[2]twitter-logo422222222222222[2]rss-128522222222222222[2]email-updates_thumb142222222222222[2]blogspot523222222222222[2]
All Photos From My Own Home and Garden ©Brooke Kroeger





Cielo's Show Off You Cottage Monday at House in the Roses
Wow us Wednesdays at Savy Southern Style
Open House Thursdays at No Minimalist's Here
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Finding The Lovely with Jeanie Oliver
Friday Link Up Party at Redoux
Home Sweet Home Party at The Charm of Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Farmhouse Friday at Laurie Anne's Vintage Home


13 comments :

  1. Very refreshing and pretty. Love the birdie sounds in the background and your plaid wallpaper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I had bought towels, my curtains and table runners in that same plaid when we built the house. Then a few years later we got a new Menards here and they had that wallpaper on clearance for $5 a roll! It matched everything perfectly like I had bought them all at once, it usually never works out that good for me!

      Delete
  2. I really like the bunny in with the primroses picture! This all makes me want that snow to melt faster!♥♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A garden friend Carol moved into a smaller home last fall and I got that hand painted bunny. I think Carol painted it herself, at least that is what I tell everyone. It is so cute. I wish I could paint, no talent here!

      Delete
  3. I just love your gardening nooks in the kitchen. Looks so refreshing. I adore baskets and antiques so the country theme is wonderful. Lovely Brooke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lona. You know I am an avid yard sale gal, and I get tons of baskets every season for next to nothing. I put plants in them on the porch and use them for everything around the house. So much prettier than plastic totes!

      Delete
  4. Hi Brooke,
    I enjoyed seeing your kitchen. I think our kitchens are extensions of our gardens, and we should show them in our blogs from time to time. There is something you have that I refuse to have, though, and that's rabbits. I remember refusing to buy a box of tissue with a garden theme because there were rabbits on it. I thought to myself, that a gardener did not design that! LOL I have to admit yours are kind of cute, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Spring Kitchen is so warm and lovely, I can't wait for spring!
    Have a great week end. I'm your newest follower.
    -Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a charming Garden room!! I adore all of your vignettes and displays! I love the tree too! I have at least 2 trees up in my home year round!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love all the greenery. I notice the vintage highchair, I have one similar (was my daughters) in our spare room. The highchairs look so good with some long flowing plant on top.
    You have a green thumb for sure.
    Thanks for sharing your lovely home.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!