Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Welcome To The New Garden Year 2012


All the rose images were taken in my own garden, November 30, 2011.

IMG_2098

Happy New Garden Year Dear Readers!  One can’t help but to be excited of the wonderful things to come.  Spring will be upon us before we know it, I pray.  But this is an excellent time of year to gather out thoughts and make plans...
 
IMG_2097

I tend to do New Years Resolutions every year, and seldom stick to them.  The usual diet, exercise, spend less money…. don’t we all?  But one resolution I plan to always keep is to continue my gardening education…. I have been reading everything I can get my hands on, there are so many great new gardening books out there!  This is a great time to dream and be inspired by the lovely images and ideas.

IMG_2096

But honestly, I believe I enjoy the gardening community online more than anything.  I have met so many wonderful friends and talented gardeners.  I am amazed at the quality of the work they share and feel as though I am walking with them as they stroll thru their garden by the images they share.

IMG_2107

I strive to have this site be a similar experience.  My husband jokes and says everyone who gets out of their car has to to the “garden walk”.  And it is mostly true, I do enjoy sharing the blooms with anyone whom admires them.  But more often than not, it is just me noticing the vivid colors and delicate displays.  It seems a shame not to capture and share such lovely things, I am so glad that I can do that here.
 
IMG_2093

And that is why I am so thankful to have you, my readers.  I know so many of you are just as plant crazy as I am.  I love knowing you are doing much the same things as I do, and you keep me on my toes!  My garden has never been as well kept as since I have been blogging and taking so many images.  And I am thankful for it, it has made me a much better gardener.  It has been a joy.

IMG_2080

I am always amazed at the comments I receive from the posts and the feedback from Facebook and Twitter.  I am not a professional in any way, but I strive to learn more every day and make up for any lack of experience with sheer ambition and a bit of dumb luck I guess.  I am the definition of the home gardener.  Okay maybe the out of control, over the top, in over her head home gardener.

IMG_2103

But I can honestly say doing this makes me the happiest I have every been.  I feel blessed to live on this beautiful hill and be surrounded by my garden.  I know I have something wonderful to look forward to and each season keeps getting better. 

IMG_2105

I look forward to what will develop in this coming year.  I hope to have the chance to meet more of my gardening friends in upcoming events.  I feel as though I know you already, but it will be nice to be in the same room as so many others I admire so much.  Like I said, we may never meet, but I feel as though I know you thru your gardens. 

IMG_2106

These first few days of the year have already been exciting for me.  Today I was featured on the Knockout Family of Roses Facebook page for my post on Pink Double Knockouts.  It was very unexpected, a big thanks to them for the mention.

IMG_2123

Then later today I found out I was the Costa Farms Garden of the Month for January 2012.  How cool is that?  They did a nice little write-up about me on their site here….  Then this evening I had an email invitation to be a guest speaker at a local garden club in April.  Which I love to do… they are letting me choose my topic, so that will be fun to plan. 
So many exciting things to look forward to, thanks so much for joining me in my journey… And if you are visiting, please consider becoming a follower!

Happy Gardening and Happy New Year,
~Brooke~ 
email622222222222facebook_logos-7522222222222twitter-logo422222222222rss-128522222222222email-updates_thumb142222222222blogspot523222222222
All Photos From My Own Home and Garden ©Brooke Kroeger

3 comments :

  1. Congrats!! I love my garden too, nothing is better than going out on a cool, sunny morning and picking a bouquet of roses. I have my new David Austin rose book for 2012 sitting here next to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have beautiful roses!! The colors are stunning. One of my favorite flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you caught the light in your rose photos! Enjoyed reading here too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!