So earlier today I stumbled upon a photo on the web of a rusted out bed frame used as a trellis. It gave me those creative goose bumps… that usually is not a good thing.
I knew I had two old twin bedframes in the basement. And time to kill for it was too hot to be outside in the garden.
I had been looking for a solution to go vertical in this area. But normal trellises seemed to small. And I didn’t want to spend a ton of $$$$.
I had several ideas, but most required a masonry tool bit and an argument with my husband….
So downstairs I went with scissors in hand. “I’ll just take a peek at whats inside.”
An hour later, and a huge mess of filth and dust…. I knew. It was really in good shape and well built. My frame was from the 50s and came with an antique set I found years ago. They made things to last then.
I really like how the coils are and the twine wrapped around them. I sprayed it with the hose to remove the rest of the “fuzz”. It really was a mess!
But it goes with my “Shabby, Flea Market, Country, Cottage Look.”
As I said before, I cant bring anything new into this area…. it will stick out like a sore thumb!
In the next few days I be transplanting some clematis that needs more room to climb, now I have just the place for it! I can just imagine how pretty it will look covered in blooms!!
So here is the breakdown:
Cost --- Free!
Time --- about 2 hours.
Thanks so much for stopping by!