Thursday, December 1, 2011

Woke up to a Winter Wonderland!

Burr!!!  Old Man Winter busted thru the garden last night leaving a sparkling glittered trail.  I had to rush out and capture it as best I could in my pajamas and garden clogs!  (Thank goodness my children were already on the bus and my hubby is use to my craziness!)  I wish you could see it in person, it is so beautiful here at the lake.  Pictures never give it justice…. Enjoy!

IMG_2168

The Dock.

IMG_2221

The rock garden/firepit.

IMG_2222

Our backyard.

IMG_2223

Across the road, view from my yard.

IMG_2224

IMG_2203

The Butterfly Garden

IMG_2199

Grasses on the hill.

IMG_2228

The Front Walk

IMG_2227

IMG_2197

IMG_2205

IMG_2194

IMG_2191

IMG_2196

I wished I had taken pictures of the first snow on Tuesday, the house looked like Christmas.

IMG_2192

IMG_2190

While I was taking these a huge flock of birds flew over!  They were so pretty and LOUD!  I got a few shots…

IMG_2175

Here they are circling the lake…

IMG_2187

And flying over me….  Thousands of them going south.  Maybe I should too!  Sounds like a good idea it is FREEEZZZZIIIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG here!  Literally!!

Happy Gardening….Brooke

email6222[2][2]facebook_logos-75222[2][2]twitter-logo4222[2][2]rss-1285222[2][2]email-updates_thumb1422[2][2]blogspot5232[2][2]

4 comments :

  1. You live a charmed life do you know that? (this city gal who looks out on a busy street winks) Thank you for sharing it with us Brooke...the photos are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 'white' with envy for you view. Beautiful! I miss living on the waters edge so much. And your rock garden fire pit is perfect!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks sparkling with the frosty crystals Brooke. That is the way it looked here this morning also. Those birds have the right idea. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos, Brooke! It's amazing how everything is transformed with a little frost. Magical!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!