Sunday, September 4, 2011

Goldflame Honeysuckle…. A Favorite Vine

IMG_0591

IMG_0592

IMG_0603

IMG_0604

IMG_0593

IMG_0990

Today I wanted to share pictures of my Goldflame Honeysuckle vine.  It has been growing up my steps for 3 years now.  It is a perennial vine, blooming from Spring to late Fall.  It is a very attractive pink and yellow combination that is much improved from the wilds honeysuckles.  It is scented, but I only notice it in the mornings or after a rain.  It has not self seeded or suckered.  I have been encouraging it to climb to the top of my railings, but they could easily be trimmed back to a smaller area.  I will say it is a heavy vine, so good supports are needed.  But it has not been sprayed and the leaves are clean and healthy, even after 6 weeks of drought.  I do water in this area, but pay no special attention to this plants… it just grows there happily in the very hot southern side…. full sun all day.  It just blooms its heart out and visitors are very surprised to see honeysuckle blooms in the fall. 

Thanks so much for visiting, hope you will consider following me as well….

Brooke

I talk gardening every day… Here are the places I do so…

Creative Country Mom’s WebGarden----- My Own Garden, Home and Projects.

Never Enough Flowers – My New Inspiration Garden-Themed Décor Page.

WebGarden – My Garden Club with over 1000 members on Facebook.

Each site is unique, I hope you will consider following them.

::Email Me::

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!