Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Welcoming Garden Arbor Entryway

IMG_0750

First impressions mean a lot.  We can tell ourselves otherwise, but as gardeners we have a general impression if we like something or not in the blink of an eye.

IMG_0731

So with that in mind, I spend quite a bit of time designing the area around my arbor.

IMG_0752

Here are some pictures from today showing all that is in bloom.  I am very happy with this much color despite our heat and humidity.

IMG_0751

I can tell you, I do water frequently and deadhead.

IMG_0723

But I say it is the plants I chose that keep it looking nice.

IMG_0732

I am especially fond of the Double Knockout Roses.

IMG_0728

This area is seen from the entire front walk the way it bends slightly outward.

IMG_0251

Making it perfect for pictures down the front walkway.

IMG_0267

And from the road and wildflower garden.
Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening!
~Brooke~

Photobucket

5 comments :

  1. That arbor would fit in nicely at my little yellow home in the country.....gonna find me one too. Your flowers are so beautiful. ~ Lisa from Indiana ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardens are lovely! This is my first stop, here at your blog, but I will be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great. I'm a big fan of gravel, and your flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. I especially like the rock walkway. What's your secret for keeping the weeds out?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks fantastic. So welcoming.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!