The Best Garden Themed Weekly Link Party, every Tuesday right here at Creative Country Mom's!
Co-Hosted with Michelle from Simplify Live Love, Jami from An Oregon CottageShelly from Frugal Family Home, and Tracie from Fishtail Cottage! Don't miss this huge event every week! We also have a new hashtag... #tuesdaygardenparty

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Trash to Treasure --- Repurposed Gold and Turquoise Updated Vintage Necklace

Today on Trash to Treasure we are taking a inexpensive piece of costume jewelry and repurposing it with vintage necklace pieces and jewels….

IMG_0831

Here it the before necklace, it is nice, but nothing extraordinary.  I have worn it a few times, but it seemed to be too light to match the aqua colored shirts in my wardrobe.  

IMG_0830

Here is the broken vintage necklace I found at a yard sale.  It is pretty, but again… not really a keeper.

IMG_0835

I had been looking for a good project for these glass crystals… they are a beautiful peacock blue-green.

IMG_0844

So I started by adding them to the gold necklace every third bead.  Instantly much better…

IMG_0850

The next part was tricky…. getting the correct lengths for the chains.  I ended up adding three more glass beads to make the pendant hang lower.  I think it brings it all together. 

IMG_0848 

Here is the finished necklace… It is a blurry picture, but you can see it hangs nicely.  It can now go with sage green, taupe, turquoise and blues…  I think I will be wearing it much more often now.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Brooke~ 

2 comments:

  1. WoW ~ what a super transformation! Great job.
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...