Sunday, August 14, 2011

Trash to Treasure --- It’s Okay To Leave Your Jewelry Laying Around

Yesterday I hit a few yard sales and happily found some great vintage jewelry.  I have quite a collection already…. but always happy to find pieces to repurpose with my jewelry design.  Today I am sharing a trash to treasure of what to do with old fashioned clip on earring…. see the bottom of this post for my idea!

IMG_0865

This is our master bathroom done in soft pastels and lilac walls….

IMG_0864

I have scattered some vintage pins here and there for a touch of sparkle.

IMG_0862

IMG_0872

I often wear these things, but why do they have to stay in a box… I’d rather enjoy them each day.

IMG_0865

The sage green bracelet is one I made last week.  I have been in a vintage mood with my jewelry.

IMG_0870

But what I wanted to show you is my light shade….

IMG_0824

I found a bag of old jewelry pieces for $3.00 yesterday containing a ton of clip-on earrings….

IMG_0868

So I decided to add some interest to my little shade by clipping them around the top!

IMG_0867

No glue or anything, so if I tire of this, I can just remove them and use them elsewhere.

IMG_0869

But for now I am really happy with the effect!
Thanks for stopping by….Brooke

Linking to these weekly parties....
Seasonal Sundays @ The Tablescaper
Sunday Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Amaze Me Monday @ Dittle Dattle
Make It For Monday @ Cottage Instincts
Making the World Cuter Monday @ Making the World Cuter
Masterpiece Monday @ Boogieboard Cottage
Metamorposis Monday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Modern Craftswoman @ Tools are For Women Too
Motivate Me Monday @ Keeping it Simple
Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The House in the Roses
2nd Time Around Tuesday @ A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words
Hoo's Got Talent @ Night Owl Crafting
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday @ Coastal Charm
Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Three or More Tuesday @ The Gypsy's Corner
Toot Your Horn Tuesday @ A Silly Little Sparrow
Twice Owned Tuesday @ House of Grace
Victoria Party - A Return to Loveliness @ A Delightsome Life
Centerpiece Wednesday @ The Style Sisters
Good Life Wednesday @ A Beach Cottage
Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden
Outdoor Wednesday @ A Southern Daydreamer
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp
Rednesday @ It's a Very Cherry World!
Show and Tell Wednesday @ Blue Cricket Design
Show Us What Your Workin' With @ Me and My Bucket
Transformations and Treasures @ Pink Postcard
Wassup Wednesday @ Elements of Interior
Wow us Wednesday @ Savy Southern Style
100 Ideas Under $100 @ Beyond the Picket Fence
French Inspiration Thursday @ The French Cupboard
Open House Party Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Thrifty Thursday @ Tales From Bloggeritaville
Time Travel Thursday @ Brambleberry Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Chic Cottage
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Trinkets and Treasures @ My Cottage Charm
Vintage Thingie Thursday @ The Colorado Lady
Air Your Laundry Friday @ The Freckled Laundry
Fabulous Finds Friday @ Frou Frou Decor
Favorite Things Friday @ A Few of My Favorite Things
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Flashback Friday @ Kitchen Bouquet
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Fresh Clean and Pure Friday @ La Bella Vita
Friday Favorites @
Simpily Sweet Home
Friday Pretties @ I Love Pretty Little Things
Frugalicious Friday @ Finding Fabulous
Hodgepodge Friday @ It's a Hodgepodge Life
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday @
Southern in My Heart
Show and Share Day @ Just a Girl
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
A Few of My Favorite Things @ Bargain Hunting with Laurie
Saturday Show Off @ Maleviks Rosentradgard
Pink Saturday @ How Sweet the Sound
Saturday Giveaway Parade @ A Nut in a Nutshell
Saturday Nite Special @ Funk Junk Interiors


9 comments :

  1. Love the clip on earrings! What a fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The earrings look divine on the lamp shade. Now I need a pretty lamp so I can do the same.♥♫

    ReplyDelete
  3. What neat ideas! Thanks so much for bringing your creative decorating ideas to Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your idea! Thanks for linking to 2nd Time Around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unreal. I love this idea. Such a pretty vignette and what a great way to display jewelry. Gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful idea! We have some vintage jewelery - they add such charm to your light shade - I am so glad you shared your creative post with A Return to Loveliness,
    God Bless,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, this post is a show!
    I am enjoying walking through the pages of your private world and learn a little more of the artist you are.
    I'll take these fantastic ideas for my blog, so other bloggers can meet you.
    Thanks, God bless you
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Não consigo seguir o seu blog!que pena,bjs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!