Monday, August 1, 2011

A Country Gardener’s Dream Nursery…

On Saturday I went with two of my gardening friends for the first time to Benton’s Nursery and Sweet Pea’s Gifts shop in Henderson, KY.  They were very excited to get me there, and now I know why!  It was horrible hot, and really we were out “discount shopping” because so many places have plants marked down right now. 

But you would never know it at Benton’s.  The garden display was just down right charming.  If you live anywhere near here, I strongly suggest you look them up.  Sorry this is such a long post, but I knew you would want to see all their creative ideas and plant combinations!  So grab a cup of coffee and stroll the gardens with me folks…..

IMG_0518

IMG_0512

IMG_0513

IMG_0514

IMG_0515

IMG_0516

IMG_0517

IMG_0519

IMG_0520

IMG_0521

IMG_0522

IMG_0526

IMG_0523

IMG_0524

IMG_0529

IMG_0527

IMG_0530

IMG_0531

IMG_0532

IMG_0533

IMG_0536

IMG_0535

IMG_0537

3000 US Highway 60 East
Henderson, KY 42420-2207
270-831-9900
Summer Hours
Monday - Saturday:
8:00 am to 6:00 pm
Closed Sunday
It is about a 45 minute drive for me.  I know I will go back next spring, I can just imagine how pretty it is that time of year!  I am guessing I won’t have any trouble finding someone to go with me after seeing all these pretty pics!

Happy Gardening…..Brooke

8 comments :

  1. How beautiful.

    With your birds chirping it makes everything seem alright with the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great nursery. Thanks for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow my kind of garden shop. Just so many terrific pieces. I love all of the garden signs and the garden tote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! It reminds me of a place we have near here, Petals From the Past. You would love it!!!

    Dirt Princess

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are a lot of country touches throughout this charming garden centre. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a neat place! I have never been there before, nor heard of it! I live about 20 minutes from Henderson, KY!! Thanks for sharing, I will definitely check it out! Very pretty pictures! Happy Gardening! Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful! love the place. thanks for sharing. that made me wish i live somewhere near the place..you're one lucky gardener.

    ~ANGEL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous trip. I can see why you were inspired.~~Dee

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!