Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Creating A Wildflower Garden

IMG_0275

IMG_0267

IMG_0264

IMG_0271

IMG_0273

IMG_0265

Welcome to my new gardening friends.  I am so glad you have joined us.
It is Wildflower Wednesday, and I am happy to share with you a bit about my wildflower garden and how it came to be.

I love attracting the birds and butterflies to this area.  It is my catch all garden.  If I am unsure of how a plant will do, or how aggressive it will spread, this is a great place to plant it.  It is survival of the fittest!  I do not water this bed, it has to be tough and make it on its own.  But with some good plant choices, it does just fine!

logo

Click to Play.... Notes From A Country Garden, July 2011
"Creating A Wildflower Garden"


Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening… Brooke
Post shared at Wildflower Wednesday.


Outdoor Wednesday: Click on the picture below to learn more... 
tuesday-garden-party-button


14 comments :

  1. Love your post. I did the exact same thing last year. Grear to know it may take a couple of years to flourish. I too, am in Indiana. I live in Greenfield. Love your home. Will add your blog as one of my bookmarks and follow. ~ Lisa ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off you have a very pretty blog page and that wildflower garden is so big! It looks very lush & pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty wildflower garden! I'm attempting to get one going this year!
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful photos for Outdoor Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your wildflower area! Very pretty.

    Have a great day.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you don't water this bed! That's amazing! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the beds every thing is looking beautiful I also love these little dragonfly's floating around on your blog.Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fabulous looking flowers! You have done a great job on your flowerbeds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a beautiful home and property and your wildflower garden looks lovely. Do you have a problem containing it? ie: the self sowing in your other flower beds? It looks to be far enough away that it's not an issue. Just wondering. Have a lovely weekend. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed your video, Brooke! Love your wildflower garden as well as your pretty home!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to Bloomin' Tuesday! Love the wildflower garden! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for linking up to Cottage Flora Thursday's last week! Such a fabulous video! love it! Hope to see you again this upcoming week! xoxo, tracie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!