Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Create A Bed Frame Trellis!

IMG_0498

So earlier today I stumbled upon a photo on the web of a rusted out bed frame used as a trellis.  It gave me those creative goose bumps… that usually is not a good thing.

IMG_0499

I knew I had two old twin bedframes in the basement.  And time to kill for it was too hot to be outside in the garden.

IMG_0500

I had been looking for a solution to go vertical in this area.  But normal trellises seemed to small.  And I didn’t want to spend a ton of $$$$.

IMG_0501

I had several ideas, but most required a masonry tool bit and an argument with my husband….

IMG_0511

So downstairs I went with scissors in hand.  “I’ll just take a peek at whats inside.”

IMG_0508

An hour later, and a huge mess of filth and dust…. I knew.  It was really in good shape and well built.  My frame was from the 50s and came with an antique set I found years ago.  They made things to last then.

IMG_0502

I really like how the coils are and the twine wrapped around them.  I sprayed it with the hose to remove the rest of the “fuzz”.  It really was a mess!

IMG_0506

But it goes with my “Shabby, Flea Market, Country, Cottage Look.”

IMG_0505

As I said before, I cant bring anything new into this area…. it will stick out like a sore thumb!

IMG_0503

In the next few days I be transplanting some clematis that needs more room to climb, now I have just the place for it!  I can just imagine how pretty it will look covered in blooms!!

So here is the breakdown:
Cost --- Free! 
Time --- about 2 hours.
Possiblities--- Endless!

Thanks so much for stopping by!
~Brooke~

   1aaadoveladygfairy006
<br><br><br><b>Join us every Friday...</b>

14 comments :

  1. LOVE this idea!! Very creative! Thanx for coming over and joining in on Treasure Hunt Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a hoot Brooke. That big wall can support that look. Have fun planting those climbers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fortunate that you already had the vintage bedspring on hand. It makes a very unique and "cottagey" trellis.

    Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday. I would love to have you party with us each week. By the way, I just joined you as a follower. ;)

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea. I'll say that's recycling at it's best. It will look so cute with a Clematis climbing up it, and boy what a conversation piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Idea! Look beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute is this! Can't wait to see it with flowers growing all over it!

    Hope you will please drop by and enter my $50 Overstock.com Gift Card Giveaway!! If there are 500 entries, the amount will increase the Gift Card to $100.
    Honey

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely~ what a great idea!! Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now, that's creative, Brooke, and it looks great in your country garden.

    Thanks for featuring me on WebGarden. I went there for a quick look and found myself checking out 2 or 3 other links. What a great place to find new blogs. I will certainly be back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brooke,
    This is a really smart idea and cute too. It looks great in your bed with the other items. Thanks for linking it up at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Brooke! I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab idea! Looks quite artsy as well! This is my first time here and what a lovely find! I am new to blogging and am also just starting to renovate my garden and blog about it under my "Twigs" Section.Lovely to meet you

    Veronica

    www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. There are so many fun things to do with these springs, love it as a trellis! Great against the wall. thanks so much for linking up to VIF!
    xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great and unique idea, i have never seen someone utilizing their metal bed frame like this, i do have an old bed but it is in use nowadays, will check if i can find one from some garage sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!