Wednesday, July 20, 2011

2011 Test Roses Revealed!

I have been lucky enough to grow some new Jackson and Perkins roses in my garden this year!  They will be released in Spring 2012, but can be preordered this fall.  Here are the descriptions from their site, plus photos of the roses from my own garden.
I can’t tell you how excited I am about this post! 
“Raspberry Swirl”
 Raspberry Swirl

New Raspberry Swirl Hybrid Tea Rose
New foliage emerges burgundy, slowly turning to green!
Raspberry and cream stripes swirl their way artistically across the surface of each petal on this new Hybrid Tea rose, almost as though they were a hand painted work of art! Exclusive.

The Details:
Genus: Rosa Raspberry Swirl
Sun: Full Sun
Size: Height: 3 ft - 4 ft
Zones: 5-10
Color: Cream,Pink
Blooms: 4"-5"
Buds: Ovoid,Pointed
Petals: 35
Foliage: Burgundy,Medium Green
Fragrance: Light
The Following Are My Own Photos ---
IMG_9375

IMG_9393

IMG_0090

IMG_9392

IMG_0089

“Caribbean Breeze”

Carribean Breeze

The intoxicating fragrance brings to mind an old English rose!
Reminiscent of an ocean coral, the soft tropical colors of this gorgeous new Floribunda are as enchanting as its rich peachy fragrance. Each creamy-orange bud opens to a full bloom of peach-pink petals, which weave around each other, vying for the sun's gentle touch. Exclusive.
The Details:
Genus: Rosa Caribbean Breeze
Sun: Full Sun
Size: Height: 2 ft 6 in - 3 ft
Zones: 5-10
Color: Orange,Pink
Blooms: 2.5"-3"
Buds: Ovoid
Petals: 30
Foliage: Dark Green,Glossy
Fragrance: Fruity,Strong
The Following Are My Own Photos ---

IMG_9304

IMG_9560

“Tropical Sun”

Tropical Sunshine

As though lit from within by rays from a tropical sun, this lovely new rose radiates golden color from the center of each bloom, spreading outward onto the delicate apricot-mango petals. Exclusive.
The Details:
Genus: Rosa Tropical Sun
Sun: Full Sun
Size: Height: 3 ft - 3 ft 6 in
Zones: 5-10
Color: Apricot,Yellow
Blooms: 2.5"-3"
Buds: Ovoid
Petals: 20
Foliage: Dark Green,Glossy
Fragrance: Light
The Following Are My Own Photos ---

IMG_9559

I had much better pictures of this rose, but dang it, I cannot find them.  I now have a mission!

“Crescendo”

Crescendo

Nashville Symphony Crescendo Rose Ceremony

Pictured (L to R): Barbara Mandrell, Pam Tillis and Brenda Lee join Debbie and Keith Zary of Jackson & Perkins, one of the country's oldest and largest rose producers. The Crescendo rose is a fragrant cream and pink blend hybrid tea rose bred from two award-winning parents, "Gemini" and "New Zealand." This high-centered, exhibition quality hybrid with large dark green glossy foliage and excellent garden performance was developed by noted hybridizer Keith Zary. (Photo Credit: Katherine Bomboy)
This rose is in the new catalog, but not available online as of this post.
The Following Are My Own Photos ---
IMG_0467

IMG_0468

IMG_0484

IMG_0480

IMG_0464

I hope you have enjoyed this sneak peek!  I certainly have enjoyed growing them this year.  It is nice to have names for all of them now!
Happy Gardening….Brooke

Copy_of_001

6 comments :

  1. Absolutely stunning each one of them Thank you so much for the share <|;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful Roses! I love them! Each one is very unique! You are very lucky to have beautiful roses! Thanks for sharing! Happy Gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke! Awesome post on some of J & P 's finest test roses in many years. Cresendo is already creating a buzz in the rose show community. Folks are saying its a contender on the show tables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW Girl...your photos took my breath away!!! I LOVE these roses!!! good job girl...I am jealous of the beauties you have there...Roses have never been my forte...but I'd love to try more of them. Maybe next year I'll pick up a few more!
    I now will be going back to look and look some more! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!! you shared them!!!! Yay!!!
    I love them...and am happy to have gotten to see them again! lol
    I thank you so much for linking in this week. It is an honor to host Friday's Flaunt and meet new friends and visit the regulars (who are like old friends) who share. I am always excited to tour each post and see the different flowers/ projects and garden art that everyone flaunts. It is a pleasure to tour and see all the gorgeous blooms...and I appreciate each and every link and comment! I hope you will link in again soon!
    (¯`v´¯)
    `*.¸.*´Glenda/Tootsie
    ¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Brooke. Lucky you to be able to test those new beauties in your garden. I love them all of course. LOL! The Crescendo is lovely. I am not fond of orange colors but I love the brightness of that Tropical Sun.Have a wonderful weekend Brooke.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!