Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gardening Friends–Kris

 

I have been wanting to photograph a few gardens of a few local gardeners I am happy to call my good friends.  They are a joy to visit and many are who I exchange plants with and go to gardening events with.  Kris is one of my newest friends, but like most gardeners, we hit it off and never run out of things to talk about.  These are a few pictures of her garden from my visit in late May. 

IMG_9356

These wonderful blue pots meet you in her driveway.  I just knew I was in for a treat as soon as I saw that big burst of color! 

IMG_9359

This long mixed perennial bed goes all the way down her back yard.

IMG_9357

She has some wonderful container ideas.  Many have evergreens, perennials including some great sedums and bulbs like dahlias that she digs up to use every year.

IMG_9360

She too is an iris lover and has share some new ones with me including a few red ones.  They had just finished blooming, but I am sure this was a fantastic display.

IMG_9361

Here is more colorful pots on her back deck and some driftwood.  Very pretty.

IMG_9362

This area is a screen from the neighbors, but it is a mix of wonderful plants providing interest all season long.

IMG_9364

More pretty containers…

IMG_9363

This is at her driveway including a black petunia I have never seen used before.

IMG_9365

But this is my favorite, an iron dress form she has Mandevilla Vine growing up!  Its fantastic! 

IMG_9367

While we were there we visited a great country market.  They had a wonderful selection of herbs.

IMG_9366I love the old country look of it all.

IMG_9368They even had David Austin Roses, but I was good and didn’t take one home… but I sure looked hard.  They had antiques and gifts inside with some wonderful garden themed things.  It was a great afternoon and visit.  Thanks so much to Kris for a fun day.

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Gardening….Brooke   

1 comment :

  1. I love the metal dress form. What a fun garden. Don't you just love visiting with fellow gardeners?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!