Monday, May 23, 2011

Our Country Farmhouse….


IMG_9340

Wanted to share with you a few pics of the front gardens and house today.

IMG_9342

We had always wanted a country home, and although our home is new construction, the gardens are finally looking like a home that has been loved much longer.

IMG_9261

I am so happy the vines are doing so well on the railings.  They are very welcoming at the front door.

IMG_9355

I have white and purple clematis blooming this week.

IMG_9334

Alliums are still blooming and lilies will be soon.

IMG_9338

Little white irises and Bella the cat…. with the lake in the background.

IMG_9337

My big patch of a very old white hearty geranium is fantastic this week.

IMG_9339

I have several white things blooming in this area.

IMG_9344

But most of the walk is waiting for all the hydrangeas to bloom.  There are 10 in this area alone….

IMG_9263

But I still have color like purple irises, burgundy foliage and blue geraniums.

IMG_9351

So glad you could join me for a little bit of time in our neck of the woods.  It’s not the same a a nice chat on the porch swing, but it’ll have to do!



Click this one for a big, full-size picture of the house and garden!
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Gardening….Brooke

2 comments :

  1. I can imagine sitting on your front porch swing and chatting about plants...your grounds look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your gardens are indeed looking very established. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!