Sunday, May 15, 2011

Bloom Day - May

IMG_9244

Happy May Bloom Day Everyone!

IMG_9243

I braved the cold and wet to take a few pics this evening.

IMG_9245

My Henryii Clematis is doing so well on the porch.  It was new last year believe it or not!

IMG_9188

Here you can see how far up it has grown.

IMG_9190

The Alliums are fading, but they were so pretty this year.

IMG_9191

The little miniature irises are such a bright blue.

IMG_9242

White hearty geranium, a very old plant…. very hard to find, but I love it.

IMG_9104

Nelly Moser still blooming on the porch.

IMG_9093

Purple Verbascum… wish it bloomed longer… really like this one.

IMG_9097

Cottage Dianthus…

IMG_9094

Pink Penstemon, this one is a Salmon color.

IMG_9239

And this one is a hot pink!  Wow that is bright!!

IMG_9197

But this is my favorite…. cant beat pink, purple and white!

Happy GBBD Everyone, thanks for visiting!

Love Brooke

5 comments :

  1. Your garden looks beautiful!! So much in bloom. The Monday rose meme sounds fun. When I have roses in bloom I'll join in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul (Aussie Okie)May 15, 2011 at 10:06 PM

    Hi,
    Just found your blog and your beautiful garden.
    Coming from Australia to Oklahoma I've found gardening quite a challenge even being a Horticulturist. Having owned a cottage garden nursery and grown cottage garden plants for over 30 years it's great to see some of the gems I grew there in your garden.
    I look forward to visiting your blog and keeping up with your photos and progress.

    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful blooms, Brooke. Your garden is looking an absolute picture right now. That Penstemon is just brilliant and I do love that patch featured in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden sure has taken off over the past couple weeks! Looking gorgeous! xoox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks great...love, love, love that little white Geranium!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!