Thursday, April 21, 2011

Purple is the color for me…

IMG_8849

I couldn’t wait to show you my Sensation Lilac!  This is one I bought as a shrub and have trained it into a tree.  It was hard to cut it down to one twig…. but look at it now.

IMG_8845

It’s almost 5 ft tall and nicely branched.  It looks so pretty by the fence and you can see it from the house.

IMG_8846

This is the first bloom for me.  It really is as pretty as they said it would be.  White around every flower.  Just love it and it smells good too!

IMG_8833

But today we are talking about one of my very favorite colors to use in the garden.

IMG_8867

Purple… and blues… they are so vivid in a sea of green.

IMG_8864

What’s not to love?  It is so interesting to see this bed with just this color, in a few weeks it will be full of so many things blooming.  But for right now…. it is very soothing.

IMG_8868

I think I see a bit of blue here… and I love blue flowers.

 

IMG_8858

I am so happy I planted so many bulbs, and that they will come back!

IMG_8853

IMG_8850

Check out this oxford blue veronica groundcover…. how cute is it?  I found it last year and it didn’t do much for me all summer, but it is beautiful right now.

IMG_8894

But I can’t leave out my beloved pinks!

IMG_8840

Especially the first pink iris of the year to bloom….. this one was from a gardening friend…. I have no idea the name.  Do you?  Let me know.  It’s beautiful!

I kept walking down to this area to watch it open…. the joys of Spring in a garden.

God Bless….Brooke

Tags: Fertilizer Friday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Twitter~!