Saturday, April 9, 2011

My New Magnolia Tree…

IMG_8705

A few days ago I showed you the new area I expanded at the front walk.  As you can see it is coming right along.  The jewel of the border is my new 8 ft. Blanchard Magnolia.

IMG_8704

I had been looking for the perfect on for some time.  I picked this one because it has such a straight trunk.  It is evergreen and will bloom on and off thru the season.  I am hoping it is happy enough to bloom for me this year.

IMG_8744

It will be very visible from the road and give me more winter interest. 

Love Brooke

5 comments :

  1. It's going to be beutiful for sure! Love your big white house with the open front porch. Sweet!
    'hugs from afar'

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! I love magnolias, though I don't have one in my garden. Your new border looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful one. Won't it get quite large like ours do here?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every year I'm going to get a Magnolia tree and still have yet to do it. I just keep enjoying the neighbors for now I guess. ;-( They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love Magnolia Trees~~I grew up with one in my childhood home~~~!
    Pretty :))

    Happy Easter to you & your family,
    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!