Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Blooms

A few blooms for you today.  This has been a very busy garden week.  I helped a friend redesign a perennial bed on Weds.  Yesterday I worked with the garden club potting up things for the upcoming plant sale.  And today I am helping a friend at her garden when the National Azalea Society comes with over 100 gardeners from all over.  I look forward to meeting everyone, including a few readers of my site.  The weather looks good and I am excited to get going.  

IMG_8947

This is the star of the garden today, it even has a great name…. “Rock Star” Iris, it is a rebloomer too.  I have it in 2 places and I am glad I do, it is worth seeing twice!

IMG_8942

Most of my 100 Purple Sensation Alliums are blooming.  I love that color.

IMG_8951

Here they are at the front walk.  I need to take a wider shot.  Been so rainy.

IMG_8939

The blue irises and bulbs are still going.  So happy to have color again.

IMG_8936

But the clematis on the porch is a show stopper.  It does so well there are is really taking off this year.

IMG_8937

This one is called Nelly Moser I think.

IMG_8940

Last is my favorite combination this week…. Lupines, chives and flax.  Wish it would bloom all summer like this, but I have to settle for a few weeks in the Spring. 
Thanks so much for stopping by….

Love Brooke

6 comments:

  1. Just beautiful Brooke. That Rockstar does rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful iris Brooke. The clematis looks so beautiful on your railing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is all I can say! Makes me anxious for them to bloom at my house - thanks for sharing! Paula from Idaho
    http://bucketideasforgardening.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Brooke!! So pretty! You got the knack girl...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I notice from your sidebar you like Weeks purple roses too!!! I have found a friend indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl...it is all just glorious! I love the photos...and might need to keep my eye open for some rock star iris...that is gorgeous!
    thanks for linking in this week...hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!