Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring Forward!

IMG_8380

It’s about dang time…. that’s all I have to say.  I was so happy to see things in stock at our local Menards Friday.

IMG_8381

They did not have a ton out, but what I saw looked wonderful to me.

IMG_8400

I picked up some pansies and have them in the containers by my garage doors.  They look a little droopy here, but they will fill in.  At least they are some color.  I have annual seeds planted there too.

IMG_8391

I picked up this little columbine too, it is a color I did not have…. but notice how it is almost white…..  Now look at the tag….

IMG_8403

Remember what I and so many others say… always buy in bloom.  The tags are often misleading.  Or maybe it will darken up, but I liked it the way it was and am happy with it.

IMG_8383

Here is another new spring addition to the garden…. a heavy-duty portable hose.  I battle with my hoses all summer long…. don’t you?  I hope this works out better.

IMG_6318

Are you ready for a little before and after…. here is the before… June of last year….

IMG_8382

And after...well sort of... I guess this is a during…. This is what we did Saturday afternoon.  I have wanted to do this side of the walk for three years…. now it is ready.  I, as always, need mulch of course.

IMG_8386

It will be nice to have borders on both sides.  And of course… more plants!

IMG_8387

I needed a place for my new pink French pussy willow.  I have loved these branches for years, now I have one. 

IMG_8393

You can also see this bed from the porch and our upstairs bedroom.  The rest is all transplants like iris, daylily, lambs ear, penstemon…. ect.

IMG_8396

We also picked up a new table and chairs for the deck.  I have two more chairs on order.  I had been without a table on the deck all last year.  Our glass top one broke two summers ago…. oh what a mess.  Never again.  I like this because I can paint it and keep it a long time.  No cushions either.  They can be so expensive.

IMG_8394

We also found this really cute hanging thermometer….

IMG_8395

With a clock on the other side…. it goes with my new black theme for the deck this year.

IMG_8392

So why all these new goodies?  Yesterday was my birthday…. and we had been looking for a table and found one on sale.  It was nice though to spend the weekend doing gardening things with my hubby.  He is drug into this you know…. but a good sport most days.

IMG_8405

I leave you today with Felix in his favorite bed…. Hubby’s John Deer tractor seat.  He is trying to keep warm, it is much colder today.  I keep going out to do things and coming back in….burr! 
Tomorrow I am off to Indianapolis for the big garden show.  I will have my camera in tow.  I’ll do a big post when I get back.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!