Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Roses in March

 

IMG_8221

Roses in March are quite a joy….  after a long winter to have them blooming again…. even if it is in my kitchen!  There are two roses in this basket and they were tiny when I got them, but they have new growth and are taking off.

IMG_8218

I picked these up after Valentine’s Day and they are still doing quite well.  I have them in as bright of light as I have in my kitchen and have taken them outside a few of the warmer days.

IMG_8238

As soon as it warms up a bit more I will put them in a permanent home in my new rose garden area.  Probably next to the picket fence in a corner.  They should do nicely there.

Picture 403

This is another rose that had been in a container in my kitchen that I put out last spring.  It did wonderfully all season.  So if you do see little “gift” roses marked down to a couple dollars, you might try them.   They tend to not sell once the blooms are gone.

Remember just because the blooms are miniature, does not mean the plant will be.  When they are happy they can be quite large.  They almost never come with a good tag, so I do not know the variety, but for me it is worth it to enjoy them in the house for a few weeks, then in my garden for years.

Happy Gardening….Brooke

2 comments :

  1. I love miniature roses and had some in my previous garden address.

    Can you tell me where to find the floating dragonfly script? It's so pretty.

    Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet miniature roses. Lovely color!
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!