Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Rose Garden Plans…. Part 2

This is Part 2, if you missed the first post.... click here.
Rose Garden
So here is my plan, don’t laugh, it helps to put it on paper… remember, I am the list maker.  The plan is two 5 by 10 foot beds with 10 roses in each bed.  8 shrub and 2 climbers in each bed.  I have already planted 15 roses, I have one more tea rose to find and 4 climbers, six if I do roses on the arbor. 

Here are some of the roses planted in the new beds...

Camelot2
Camelot
Enchanted Evening
Enchanted Evening
Florence Nightingale
Florence Nightingale
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Our Lady of Guadalupe
Picture 362
Tamora
IMG_5495
My antique Moss rose… love this one…
Iceberg
I also have 4 new roses in these beds that are unnamed that I am testing for Jackson and Perkins.  They are in the pink family and very old fashioned looking.  I wish I had saved a picture, it is no longer on the site…. but they were very pretty roses.
IMG_5581
My hubby is going to build me two obelisk for the center of each of the beds.  I’d like them 7-8 feet tall and about 30 inches wide.  The idea is to grow two climbers up each one, or a good climber and a clematis.  Depends on what I find this spring.  I think I am going to paint mine a bright raspberry color.  That should add a bright POP of color.  I love these, they were at a garden tour I went to last spring.
For a touch of evergreen I’d like to get 4 variegated boxwoods.  I might use regular boxwoods, but I’d like to have some color if I can find these.  So pretty.  I love boxwoods.
As for everything else…. I have more irises I ordered that will be dug and shipped in summer, I will add 8 to these beds.  I want to try some new lavenders with larger blooms.  And probably a few herbs, like tricolor sage and thyme.
IMG_8355 

For now… it looks like this… wet and cold… he have had over 4 inches of rain this week.
IMG_8347
IMG_8346
But they are getting new growth every day.
IMG_8357
Here you can see all 15 I have planted…
IMG_8352
And my little irises coming up with some seeds.
Can’t wait to give you another update when everything is blooming.  Until then… I have more shopping to do!
Happy Gardening….Brooke

3 comments :

  1. Looking forward to your roses all bloomed out. That is going to be so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roses will look great in their new home. Roses do look their best with companion plants, I think your bed is very well planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound fantastic Brooke. I am going to enjoy your roses right along with you. I really like the layouts of your beds. I have never saw variegated boxwoods and I love those.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!