Friday, March 4, 2011

Indy Garden Show Photos

IMG_8317

Today was the first day of the Indianapolis Home and Flower Show at Lucas Oil Stadium.  I was there pretty early after opening and so excited to get the chance to attend.

IMG_8290

I went last year and enjoyed the laid back atmosphere of this event.  It seemed a very good place to talk to the vendors and view the gardens.

IMG_8288

Today was cold, windy and rainy…. and I will say it seemed like there were less attending while I was there.  I am guessing the big crowds will be there tomorrow and Sunday.

IMG_8324

I know Indy has two shows, but I truly enjoy them both and hope everyone will attend this weekend.  These vendor put a bunch of time and effort in these lovely gardens.

IMG_8291

So what do you see when you attend a show?  Lots and lots of stone pavers.  I love them…. but they are everywhere.  I did notice they had houseplants and bulbs when you first walked in this year.  They were wonderful, but I missed the big display of cut flowers and all the different types of blooms.  That was fantastic last year.  But they did have a bunch of things for sale, and some very nice live plants like herbs, a few perennials and forced bulbs too.  Very tempting.

IMG_8306

There was some very cool new ideas in “Outdoor Rooms”  I just love this granite table with a fire insert… beautiful.

IMG_8302

Lots of bulbs…. which makes me wish I planted more of my own…. but there is always next year…. see if I had these many of one kind I would have them in 6 different areas, but look how beautiful.  I am sure I don’t have a bare spot big enough for them to fit in….lol.

IMG_8326

Cool trends in colors…. and cobalt blue is HOT this year…. we all loved these pots.  But I am a blue person… trust me… these would be welcome in my yard.

IMG_8310

Good plant combinations…. like lambs ear and plum pudding coral bells…. I have both of these…. but look how good they look together.

IMG_8325

Big mature plantings and water features…. I wish all my evergreens were that large.

IMG_8307

Thanks so much to all the people involved with the show.  I met several of them today, so if you are visiting the site for the first time, thanks for stopping by.

I will be doing another post about some color combinations I noticed today.  Look for it next!

Happy Gardening….Brooke

1 comment :

  1. Love the table with FIRE in the middle. Lots of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!