Friday, January 28, 2011

What’s Blooming In My Kitchen…

IMG_8109

Good Friday Morning Everyone…  First off let me welcome any new visitors today.  I am linking into a party or two today.  So glad you could visit.

IMG_8111

I wanted to take a moment and show you what I have been enjoying this week.  Three little 4 inch containers of blooms from my grocery store… I could not resist.

IMG_8126

It has been so cold and snowing…  It is so nice to see color!  I wish I could say I grew these myself, but this is an “instant garden!”

IMG_8110

So to have these fantastic colors to enjoy has been a real treat.  I think they were $10 total… well worth it in my book!

IMG_8154

They are in a basket that just fits this space.  You know I love baskets.

IMG_8168

My kitchen is filled with them. 

IMG_8112

But to have blooms in late January is a treat.

IMG_8123

I especially love the purple crocuses… I can plant them in a few weeks outside.

IMG_8124

But the two different shades of pink and white African Violets are beautiful too.  One is slightly darker than the other one.

IMG_8108

I have never really grown them, but I have a friend that enjoys them and will teach me a bit about  them.  She has over 100 plants! 

IMG_8127

Isn’t this a pretty cross.  It hangs in my kitchen window.  I got it on EBay last week…lol.  I love my EBay deals.  More pics of my kitchen to come.  I have the bunnies out, I know it was early….but as you know…. I cannot wait till Spring!

Many Blessings…..Brooke


WG Small

 

 

Want to talk gardening everyday?

Looking for new ideas to inspire you?

I host a gardening group on Facebook

called WebGarden

We feature garden tours, posts and

information by creative gardeners like you!

Please Join Us!

 

Today I am linked in
to the following
parties…..


Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage

Inspiration Friday @ Southern in My Heart

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

Fertilizer Friday @ Tootsies

ff

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...