I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween House Tour


IMG_7648

Thought since I am getting ready to take some of these pretty things down tomorrow I have better show them to your first.

IMG_7601

I love the holidays and decorate for every single one…. I think!  There is a huge amount of boxes, bags and cabinets of holiday stuff in my basement.  And I need to get rid of even more…. but I just can’t seem to help myself.  I love it all.

IMG_7614

But I love the colors of fall the most.  My kitchen walls are pumpkin and sage.  It looks fall all year, but it just glows right now.

IMG_7610

Mason Jars and a hand held mixer.  I will be storing seeds in these soon.  My junk has a purpose!  Lol…

IMG_7611

I love the worn handle on the mixer…. I think this one was hubby’s grandmas.

IMG_7613

My mom’s kitchen is all chickens… I just have this one….  so far!

IMG_7615

This hangs on the patio door.

IMG_7617

Some greenery from my countertop.

IMG_7584

IMG_7585

Some black crows in the living room.

IMG_7592

A collection of fall things on my TV cabinet…. the branches is from annual baby’s breath!  It dried fantastic, one more reason to grow it.

IMG_7597

I have little pumpkins everywhere.

IMG_7598

These are in my dining room,

IMG_7590

But this is my favorite “fall” item…. a painting that was done for my grandparents of the house I grew up in….

IMG_7591

My parents bought it when I was three.  It was the “home place” of our family farm. 

IMG_7589

We lived there until I was 18, and now it looks much different.  But I think it is such a blessing to have a painting of your childhood home, just as you remember it.

IMG_7588

And the fall leaves in it just are perfect.  They are huge maples I remember playing under.  The one on the left is gone now.  It looks a bit odd when I go by there not to see it.

Hope you are enjoying a lovely weekend with your families.  We are mowing one last time and then putting up the hoses and gardening things for the year.  Which is fine because I am now thinking pretty hard about where the trees are going this year.  I am guessing I will start the Christmas decorating in a few days!  Lol… It takes me about 2 weeks to do it every year. 

Lol…. Happy Halloween….Brooke

Popular Posts