Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Garden Tour – Front Walk

IMG_7280
Hello Gardening Friends!  I have been super busy helping with a local fall festival this week.  I have been away from the garden too much!  But today I finally had time to take some pictures…. okay, a lot of pictures to share with you!  This cute little sign sums it up….
Happy Fall Y’all!!! 
IMG_7285
This first post will be about the front walk… I added many more fall blooming things last year and it has paid off…. big time.  :)  I am happy to have many things still blooming.
IMG_7278
One of my favorites is the Blue Satin Altheas or Rose of Sharon.  It can be seen from inside the house, although it is only 2 years old, it is getting tall.  I love this shade of blue… so pretty.
IMG_7284
I added mums to the window boxes and hollyhocks are still blooming below.
IMG_7301
The purple seed verbena is fantastic…. as it has been all summer.
IMG_7300
It is on both sides of the walk…. notice my front steps are rocks!
IMG_7303
Here is a better view of the steps.
IMG_7304
I love all the dark purple foliage of my wine and roses weigelia and plum pudding coral bells.
IMG_7272
My baby Japanese maple is holding it’s own…. it will be so pretty when it gets big there!
IMG_7277
This new sedum Autumn Fire is just fantastic…. love this combination.
IMG_7302
My next post is about the porch…. just wait!
More of the tour to follow… stay tuned…lol.
Happy Gardening….Brooke

Linked in to Tootsie's Fertilizer Friday!

4 comments :

  1. I LOVE your front!! The walk, the porch, the WINDOW BOXES!!

    So very lovely. I want window boxes sooooo badly, maybe someday;)

    Simply gorgeous!

    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a lot in common, especially with big rocks. I just spent a nice long time in your garden, touring the fire pit, driveway plantings and now your front walk, everything is so well planned and laid out so nicely. And I love the view from your early morning post...I can see I would have a hard time pulling myself away to get any work done, too! Thank you for sharing your garden with me, I enjoyed myself thoroughly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely home, yard and garden. I really like how you have designed your beds. Love the first photo, Brooke! Happy Autumn!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!