Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tis The Season…. To Plan!

Santa%20in%20the%20Garden%20004
Tis the Season…. to plan your garden that is….  Old Santa will be here soon enough, but we have lots of work to do before then.  I loved this image I found, I will be extra good the rest of the year is Ole Santa will shop for me at a Garden Center…
cat
Remember when we were little and the best thing Mom ever got in the mail was the Christmas Catalog.   I would spend hours picking out no less than 100 things I wanted and just had to have.  Well, maybe I have never out grown that… but it has changed a bit….  Now my favorite thing in the mail is garden catalogs…. and now is the time to order them! 

It use to be if you got one catalog from a company, they sent them to you for years…. but now things have changed and you need to request them every season.  I didn’t get the spring ones like I thought I would, but man am I set for fall!  I can spend all winter drooling over the pages of beautiful photographs of must have plants.  No bathroom is complete without 15-20 garden catalogs is it? 
I do have my favorites, so I thought I would share them with you….

CoverBfall06
I swear my life changed the first time I got a High Country Gardens catalog.  I knew I had found heaven.  They give us a beautiful shot of a garden scene every few pages and I love every one more than the last.  This inspired me so much when I planned my butterfly garden.  You must get a copy for yourself! 

catcover02
Another favorite…. with soooo many to choose from.  Great to ID plants with too!  I keep mine for a long time to remember the names of things I have.

daylily_girl
Oakes Daylily, where do I begin….. they are just dream worthy in every way.  Beautiful pictures, and be ready to be tempted…. you are forewarned. 

springcataloguerequest-2010
Brent and Beckys Bulbs… they are just about the nicest people around.  I have had the pleasure of talking to them and following them on there sites for a bit.  Quality thru and thru…. Check them out.

minicat2010
Schreiners Irises are so beautiful.  They have all types, and of course my favorite rebloomers…. They offer collections and are known for quality plants.  A must get!

9catint
Another fantastic one to get is Klehm’s Song Sparrow…. I love the name too!

Need More?  Here is a great list from Dave’s Garden…. they also offer reviews of companies by members.  It is a good place to visit before you order anything…. just incase.
But the companies I have listed are tried and true and have been around for a long time.  I know it is good to be green and save the trees… but I love a good catalog to keep on hand. 
Thanks to those who still offer them for me to enjoy!  I hope I didn’t leave something out, if you have one to add, leave it in the comments….  thanks!
Happy Gardening….Brooke

2 comments :

  1. Thankyou Brooke for the great list of cataloges. I love reading and collecting them.
    Love your site and enjoying going to it often here on facebook.
    Happy gardening!!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the catalog reviews. I've had good luck with High Country Gardens and enjoyed visiting their garden center in Santa Fe a number of years back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!