Thursday, July 29, 2010

An Iris in July…Oh My!

IMG_6621

How Beautiful is This?  I got a bit crazy buying reblooming irises this year, and this is the only kind I had in my garden beforehand, Immortality. If you missed all of my iris talk, you can see a list of the ones I have now here.

IMG_6624

This plant is about a year and a half in its spot.  It has two blooms now and four yet to go.  It did not get as tall as it did in the spring….but it is scented and so beautiful…. an Iris in July…. I love it!

IMG_6616

I have a bit of a theme of white to start with…but it will be turning pink soon…. this is pink diamond hydrangea.

IMG_6661

Here is the whole plant with some “Naked Ladies” … isn’t that a crazy name for a pretty flower!

IMG_6645

This is the first year I have had them bloom, they were from that old garden I got all those plants from.  I think the real name of them is BellaDonna Lily…. but they are also called Surprise Lily, Magic Lily, or Naked Lady.  Lol…

IMG_6627

This is probably the last of my other lilies to bloom…. I will miss them.

IMG_6631

A few of the rugosas are still blooming…. but the hips are turning red and looking like fall.

IMG_6632

Here you can see the morning glory growing up it and a few hips.

IMG_6633

It has taken over the arbor and fence…. but hardly anyone sees it open in the mornings but me.

IMG_6636

This kind is Grandpa Ott’s and I love the pink and deep purple combination on the blooms.  I grew a blue one last year, but I like this better. 

IMG_6638

Same with this Cleome, I have grown the pink ones before and they are pretty.  But this white with a bit of pink is just perfect.  It is “Spider Flower Sparkler Blush Hybrid” from Park Seeds.  They are a dwarf, but still 4 feet tall, but did not flop at all and blooming for weeks.

IMG_6637

I have already been saving tons of seed from these, they are a keeper!  I will have some on my trade list for sure.

IMG_6641

The knockout roses are pretty this week in the butterfly garden.

IMG_6646

And the Black Eyed Sue’s are out of control… can you say transplant?

IMG_6656

I can’t seem to take a picture that shows how pretty this Hydrangea is right now… it is Serrata Preziosa.

IMG_6647

Phlox and a Pinky Winky Hydrangea greet you as come up my walk.  They smell so good!

IMG_6653

Morris the kitten followed me all around taking pictures.

IMG_6649

Blue Satin Althea, a new one from Proven Winners.  Love the color.

IMG_6648

A soft blush colored bloom from my Coquette des Blanches rose.

IMG_6659

Henryii Clematis on the front porch railings greets you as you come in my front door.

IMG_6667

My containers are still looking pretty good.  I am not a good container person, but these have been tough this year, I love the colors of the coleus I found with the big leaves.

IMG_6657

Kim’s Knee High Coneflowers blooming by my front steps.  They have just bloomed their hearts out for me there.  Perfect!

IMG_6640

Last but never least….. my Crepe Myrtle is finally blooming!  It is just a little one, but I have given it lots of room to grow!!

As you can see, I have a lot of things blooming on Fertilizer Friday.

Happy Gardening….Brooke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Follow Me on Twitter~!