Thursday, July 22, 2010

Hot Colors and Cool Treats!

IMG_6559
I know us gardeners we love all shades of green….
IMG_6575
But let me tell you friends…. I have COLOR! 
IMG_6577
Bright beautiful bursts of blue and yellows….
IMG_6580
Glowing pinks and corals….
IMG_6587
Magnificent Purples….
IMG_6576
Does it get any better than blue blooms…. I think not.  (Clary Sage)
IMG_6585
These vibrant colors are such a nice treat…..  (Hollyhock Queenly Purple)
IMG_6595
They almost make all the heat and humidity bearable.
IMG_6593
The candy lilies are in full swing…
IMG_6596
Just plant the little black seeds where you want them and in one years time you will have a plant like this.  I now have them everywhere from one afternoon of sprinkling seeds.
IMG_6554
Here is one I hope to have a whole bunch more of…. Kim’s Knee High Coneflowers…. it is late July and they are still only about 14 inches tall…. I love these!!!!   They advertise 50 blooms on one plant, and I have to tell you…. they might be right.  It is just spilling over with blooms.
IMG_6566
Look close and see my butterfly friend….
IMG_6571
Snacking on one of my favorite combinations phlox and seed verbena.  Colors that cannot be beat on these hot, hot, hot summer days.
ye_ole_food_042_93155648_std
Stay cool fellow gardeners…. and might I suggest hitting the ice cream isle… you deserve it!
mccafe-real-fruit-smoothies-590
Or be like me and get a strawberry banana smoothie from McDonalds…. they are not as good as Orange Julius’ but I don’t have to drive as far either!  Here is a recipe I found that claims it is the one they use….

1 (12 ounce) milk (skim is fine)
1 (6 ounce) frozen orange juice concentrate
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup frozen strawberry, pineapple and bananas, in pieces
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 ice cubes

It sounds pretty good to me!!!
Happy Gardening….Brooke
Linked to….Fertilizer Friday @ Tootsie's

8 comments :

  1. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! You do have color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors surround you. The blades on the candy lilies look like Iris blades...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have seed from them soon. Let me know if you'd like to trade. They are super easy to grow, but it takes about a year for them to come up, so you forget what they are and then you think they are iris... when they done bloom and stay smaller.... you remember they are lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blog!
    I just became a follower.
    Thanks for becoming a follower of my blog on blog frog.
    (I'm not sure how that works?....the blog frog thing?)

    Warm Blessings,
    Georgiann from ~The Garden Gate~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful colors.

    I think I need some phlox. My mother always had it. Not sure why I don't.

    Have a good weekend.

    ~~Linda...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful garden. I just love it. You have so many lovely colors. And now I want ice cream. I think I'll go and make one of those smoothies. How yummy. Thank you for the great idea on this terrificly warm day,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the color! Especially the hollyhocks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE YOUR IDEA OF COLOR!!! WOW! what a great flaunt! thanks so much for linking in...your photos are outstanding!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!