Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sure feels like Summer to me!

IMG_5792

One more day of school and summer break begins! (Purple Coneflower from seed)

IMG_5799

But it already feels like summer to me. (Camelot Foxglove from seed)

IMG_5797

We’ve been swimming in the lake all weekend. (Nikko Blue Hydrangea, that’s pink for me)

IMG_5825

And all the summer bloomers are starting….

IMG_5813

Especially the lilies….

IMG_5811

They are fantastic this year.

IMG_5805

And the blanket flowers are so vibrant. (Arizona BF)

IMG_5809

It’s been really hot and humid here.  (Stachys Humello)

IMG_5794

But I have been trying to weed and deadhead everyday.  (Feverfew and White Yarrow)

IMG_5801

Hubby has been staining the deck, a huge job…..getting ready for parties here and the Garden Tour on the 19th.  (Unknown burgundy daylily)

IMG_5815

My bank of native daylily along the driveway is just starting to take off.

IMG_5793

This is my find of the week, my neighbors were ready to pitch her, I of course, love statues in my roses.  She is right at home at my house now.

Happy Gardening Everyone….Brooke

8 comments :

  1. To be greeted by the daylilies along your driveway. Very nice. It does look like summer at your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just beautiful. Tell me how you keep your lilies free from the dreaded Red Lily beetle. I've just found them on my plants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is popping around your place! Lovely find from your neighbors, she fits right in...can't wait for the garden tour myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure wish we could say summer was here. We have had an extraordinary amount of rain, and although we are complaining, it has been good for the garden. Your blooms are all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brooke, Good eye! I love your "found" statue. Also love your flowers. The red daylilies, the Stachys,[yours are a month at least, ahead of mine]are extra lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That 'find of the week' is quite a find, indeed. I absolutely love the bright, happy colors of your garden. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!