Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ready for a Close-Up!

 

IMG_5834

Good Sunday Morning Gardening Friends…..

IMG_5842

It is getting ready to blow up a storm here.

IMG_5898

It is really overcast and windy, but I had to shoot a few pictures…

IMG_5826

Just incase the wind knocked a few blooms off.

IMG_5835

We have been really busy here getting projects done.

IMG_5836

Getting ready for the garden tour on June 19th.

IMG_5845

So many things are blooming….. can you believe the size of this daylily?

IMG_5846

And my Canterbury Bells are blooming for the first time!

IMG_5847

I hope the foxglove holds on a bit longer, it has been lovely this year.

IMG_5856

But the lilies are just perfect this morning.

IMG_5855

I still have quite a few buds left, so my fingers are crossed.

IMG_5854

Makes me glad I planted so many now!  Lol….

IMG_5874

One of the first new hollyhocks to bloom…..

IMG_5876

It is growing up the steps to the deck.

IMG_5873

These look a bit messy, but wanted to remember that the lupines bloomed again for me this year after pinching them back.  They just bloomed once last year, but I collected seed…. see the “fuzzy bean” seedpod?  They are so neat.

IMG_5879

 

IMG_5880

One of my OsoEasy roses…. they are good doers.

IMG_5891

This is a rose from that older garden I collected plants from, I did not know the color and it is a very pretty red.  It is fun to finally know.

IMG_5893

White candytuft is such a great self-seeder for me, it will bloom twice, but nice green groundcover all summer.

IMG_5894

Oh I love my groundcovers and these colors are so pretty with the rocks.

IMG_5924

Another foxglove way in the back, hard to get a good picture.

IMG_5832

Okay all you experts, does anyone know what this is?  Little sister and daddy brought it back to me after going for a 4 wheeler ride out here.  I planted it and it disappeared last year, but it came back and it blooming so pretty! 

Picture 174

I remember because I took a picture, is that not the sweetest thing…. bringing me flowers with roots!  I have them trained well!!  I’d love to know what it is…

Thanks for stopping by…. I need to get off of here and fix breakfast!

Happy Gardening….Brooke

4 comments :

  1. Beautiful flowers. The lilies are especially brilliant. And, an adorable flower bearer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful blooms you have, and so many different ones. The picture that made me gasp with its' beauty and simplicity was the one of your white clematis.

    I don't have a clue as to what your sweet mystery blooms are, but they are lovely. What a great picture of your bearer of these blooms.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I think I have it solved, it is pink babys breath, and I should have known that, but it looks so much like the plant from last summer. I do not remember planting that seed, but it is very possible. Anyway, it is really pretty. The clematis is Henryii, one of the best IMO, it is on both sides of the front steps porch rails... but only one of them is blooming. Thanks so much...Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brooke, I found you through Garden on Sherlock Street. What beautiful pictures of your flowers today. I hope your storms won't be too bad today. The little one with her pink glasses is a sweetheart bearing the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment. I enjoy hearing from my readers!