I am happy to announce I will be hosting a two week event here at Creative Country Mom's! I will have over 30 holiday decorated blogger home tours and a two week Christmas themed link party!
Christmas in the Country Link Party and Home Tour 2014 at Creative Country Mom.com
Add the button to your posts and link them to www.creativecountrymom.com!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Getting Ready For The Big Event

IMG_5944

A few glimpses of the goings-on here the last few days…  My sweet hubby scrubbing off the upstairs siding.  He and my girls have helped me so much, I cannot tell you how much.

IMG_5882

Here is another of the wonderful pillows my mom has made me.

IMG_5885

And a cute curtain I got last weekend at a yard sale for 50 cents!  It makes a great runner on the potting bench.

IMG_5892

IMG_5886

IMG_5906

Love this sign, so true!

IMG_5914

On the porch, another from mom.

IMG_5913

This basket was a dollar at another yard sale…. love that!

IMG_5919

IMG_5912

Yes, again by my mom.

IMG_5911

IMG_5907

The buggy seat will be out for the tour, then back in the house…. too nice to let the weather destroy, but it looks so cute there.

IMG_5971

This has been a big help, the four wheeler and wagon to haul rock and cuttings to the compost pile.  More trips than I can count…. but so nice to throw things into.

IMG_5945

Another basket, two for a dollar this time…. a garbage bag and presto…..

IMG_5973

Two cute hangings on my patio doors!

IMG_5976

IMG_5978 Planters on the deck….. love the grasses.  Thanks to hubby for staining it so it will be fresh for us.  It looks so nice, it is a huge job every year or so.

IMG_6036

One of the fancy poppys…. so pretty.  Hopefully we’ll have them blooming Saturday too.

IMG_6029

Last but not least, we welcomed a new addition to the family.  Big sister got a kitten she named Milo…. little sister is getting one too, but it is not ready yet.  She wants to call hers Otis.

IMG_6028

He is tiny, but really sweet… and spoiled.  Hoping he will be a good mouser and keep the bunnies out of the flowers!

IMG_5820

I’ll be busy from here on out.  I have on my paint clothes and am ready to go outside for the day.  Have to get a bit more mulch, paint some chairs and the front door.  But I am getting excited about the garden tour.  The first one is always the biggest deal I guess.  My mom is coming over to help today and hubby picked up a pizza for their lunch so I don't have to cook.   Again, thanks so much for all the help guys…. After all this we can relax, I promise….lol.

Happy Gardening….Brooke

5 comments:

  1. You have a great team there. Your mom is quite talented with the pillows and such. All your little porch touches are great. Milo is adorable!!!! If looks good. Enjoy all your efforts and have a great tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks so beautiful! And yes, those pillows are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I was just a little closer to southern IN, I'd pop in! Your yard (and blog) is charming & I love all the special touches that make your porch and beds uniquely yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the place looks great! I love living in the country. I bet Milo will too. He's adorable. The next thing I want to teach myself how to do it embroidery, your mom does such beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh~~~~ I love your post!!!

    and that precious kitten!!

    Have a blessed weekend:))

    Kay Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Popular Posts