Sunday, June 20, 2010

The day after the garden tour….

 

IMG_6054

Is a day of rest…..

IMG_6057

Of thinking how much I enjoyed sharing my garden….

IMG_6060

And how proud I am of how everything worked out….

IMG_6061

But also feeling a bit relieved…..

IMG_6065

That it is done and I can relax for a bit….

IMG_6068

Not that I will stop gardening…

IMG_6069

But maybe I can pick some blooms for my kitchen table….

IMG_6066

Or to take to the nursing homes….

IMG_6070

Not to panic when the dogs get into a flower bed….

IMG_6071

Or when a weed or two might pop up…..

IMG_6072

It was nice to have the garden look so pretty…..

IMG_6074

But it will also be nice to enjoy more time with the girls….

IMG_6078

Swimming in the lake…..

IMG_6080

And clean my poor house…. and laundry that has been waiting for me….

IMG_6082

My hubby says I need to cook more…..

IMG_6087

And I have promised more fun summer trips with the girls….

IMG_6089

But I know the draw will be too great….

IMG_6090

For me to miss a single morning….

IMG_6091

And each new bud….

IMG_6093

Welcoming the day…..

IMG_6095

And each sunset…. making the garden magically glow.

In all I am guessing we had a big over 50 visitors here yesterday.  It was a rough start to the day, we had severe storms with 45 mph winds at 5:30 am.  I hurried and got some of my pots tucked away and the fabric pillows out of the rain.  It rained all the way until 8:20, then it was windy and grey.  I hurried and got all the spent blooms off and we put up a tent and table by the driveway.  Luckily the first visitor did not come till a bit after 9 and I was mostly ready.  It was a bit rushed, but the sun came out and we had a slight breeze all day.  It was warm, but I did not melt like I thought we might, for the humidity was much less than pervious days.  The majority of the guests had been here by 2 and from then until the end of the tour at 4 we basically just visited with family in the shade.  It was a fun day and I had help from my wonderful friends, hubby and family.  I don’t know if we will be doing anything like this again, but honestly I enjoyed the whole experience.  I thought it was so interesting that every person was drawn to different things and plantings.  Of course, they wanted to take home one of my rocks with them….  But it was nice to meet so many new faces and I had several that had visited my blog.  As I always say, it is impossible for me to take a picture and show how it really looks.  It is a garden you just have to see for yourself to appreciate.

 

Thanks so much for visiting….and Happy Fathers Day!

Brooke

8 comments:

  1. Your garden is lovely, Brooke, and can see why so many would stop over and enjoy the fruits of your labor. Believe me, I know how much work garden walks are! Sit back and relax after a job well done. Happy Summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's how I am in the spring and fall. It's too hot now to spend much time in the garden. Yours is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything looks great, enjoy all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post! I will be in a tour on Sat and I am anxious for it to be done only so I can relax a little. Your blooms are all perfect. I really enjoyed all your photos. Jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely post! Great thoughts and beautiful blooms. Relax and enjoy for awhile! Jean

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the blooms! They were all so lovely! I especially like seeing the different roses along your left sidebar.. now I may need to go buy a few!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden is lovely! What a great experience and so sweet to share it with others - thaks for sharing with us! Paula from Idaho

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gardens are breathtaking! The roses, lilies... all of it - just beautiful. I especially love the picture with the pond off in the distance - what a fantastic view.

    ReplyDelete

Wonderful to hear from you and taking the time to visit. Come back soon and let me know how I can visit you online as well. I love to meet new gardeners!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...