Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wish you were here!

IMG_5766

Every day I end up thinking to myself…. I wish they were here today!  I’m talking about the upcoming garden tour and the visitors that will be here that day.

IMG_5731

I hope the new wildflower bed will be this bright and cheery the day of the tour.

IMG_5713

I wish you could see the hearty geranium, white irises and fairy roses… all blooming at the same time.

IMG_5712

This rose is my main landscape rose, “The Fairy” in full bloom, this is the best week of the year for it.

IMG_5729

A close up….

IMG_5724

Mr. Lincoln is fantastic…. it gets darker in summer blooms and it looks like velvet.

IMG_5734

Husker Red Penstemon is so nice scattered around, just a touch of burgundy.

IMG_5736

The butterfly garden is really colorful right now.

IMG_5737

The butterfly bushes are just ready to bloom, but I have seen many butterflies already this year.

IMG_5738

Spirea…. one of my favorite shrubs.

IMG_5740

It blooms almost like a perennial, I think this one is Anthony Waterer.

IMG_5743

Unknown pink rose, one given to me from an old homestead.  My favorite kind.  I have four “new” ones given to me that have buds now…. I am excited to see what colors they will be.

IMG_5744

The lilies are blooming!  My favorites…. I have several new ones ready to bloom soon as well.

IMG_5755

I don’t even care for orange and this is beautiful… in this bed I have more bright colors.

IMG_5748

I even have one orange rose to match them.

IMG_5749

Blanket flower, something I am adding many more of….

IMG_5750

This one is called Arizona Sun and it is a dwarf, only 12 inches tall.

IMG_5754

But the ‘Countrytime’ Rose steals the show….

IMG_5746

Its rich blooms are fantastic…. I think this is my favorite picture so far this year.

IMG_5752

They always photograph so well…. you may get tired of me posting them.

IMG_5759

Delphiniums are the prettiest shade of blue, I hope this spreads.

IMG_5761

The white ones are pretty too….in the new kitchen garden.

IMG_5760

The cutting bed is coming along nicely…..cosmos and zinnias.

IMG_5773

And the hydrangeas are just starting to turn pink and full…..  I am so happy, the frost got this one last year.

IMG_5775

So like I said before…..I wish you were here today! 

Happy Gardening…..Brooke

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...